View Vacancy - Close Protection Operative - INTERNAL VACANCY
The British Embassy in Beirut has a vacancy for the position of Close Protection Operative, Grade – S1 (L).
The Officer will be responsible for providing specific Close Protection Duties to the Ambassador in order to facilitate his/her Mission.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Providing mobile protective skills to the HMA in armoured vehicles.
• Reaction to attack on the HMA.
• Maintaining a good level of fitness.
• Maintaining a good level of weapon handling & shooting.
• Providing a 24 hour individual bodyguard duty to the HMA.
• Carry out counter surveillance techniques
• Escorts visitors to and from HMA’s office.
• Assists in the responsibility for the planning and execution of CP operations.
• Provides personal security advice.
• Carries out daily administrational planning for close protection activities.
• Maintain equipment husbandry of all associated CP equipment.
• Develop professional contacts with outside agencies.
• Anticipate potential security threats and carry out appropriate response.
• Responsible for filing a report on the team equipment on a daily basis.
• Carry out Close Protection Duties as detailed by the CPTL or team Supervisor.
Key Competences required for the job:
• Making Effective Decisions: Demonstrate accountability and make unbiased decisions. Examine complex information and obtain further information to make accurate decisions.
• Seeing the Big Picture: Seeing the big picture is about having an in-depth understanding and knowledge of how your role fits with and supports organisational objectives and the wider public needs.
• Leading & Communicating: Effectiveness in this area is about leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. It’s about supporting principles of fairness of opportunity for all and a dedication to a diverse range of citizens.
• Demonstrating Resilience: This is about helping our people to build resilience in international roles, supporting their ability to adapt to working in difficult and varied international environments; and to bounce back from crises and setbacks in these contexts.
• Changing and Improving: It is about being open to change, suggesting ideas for improvements to the way things are done, and working in smarter, more focused ways.
• Physically fit
• Good understanding of English verbally and written
• Team player
• Flexible hours
• Have previous experience handling weapons
• Be able to work independently
• Honesty & Integrity
• Be able to attend an 8 week Close Protection Course in the UK
• Previous Security experience, a good understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Conditioned working hours are 40 hours gross per week. The Embassy is committed to ensuring that you are able to maintain a suitable work-life balance. Leave entitlement is 20 days plus 14 public holidays.
Some flexibility in working hours will be permitted subject to negotiation and agreement. The successful candidate will be required to attend set weekly meetings and some internal and external events possibly after working hours.
The British Embassy in Beirut offers an attractive working environment and remuneration package of $ 2,168 monthly for this role.
The embassy offers a competitive remuneration package in line with local labour law (including transport, family, education allowances, and medical insurance coverage). Specific training and mentoring for the role will be provided for the successful candidate.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
1. A covering letter.
2. An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV).
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter or motivation section in the application form. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90 day probationary period.
The closing date for applications is 20 May 2017.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered. Interviews will be held at the British Embassy Beirut Office. Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment/interview will be contacted.
Candidates must ensure that they are eligible to work and reside in Lebanon.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Lebanon employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.