View Vacancy - Security Guard, Tallinn S1 (EST208)
The British Embassy in Estonia is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Security Guard.
The successful candidate will be responsible to secure the Embassy premises (patrols, checks) and deal with Embassy customers and visitors both face to face and over the phone.
Roles and responsibilities
- Monitor CCTV
- Update the Log Book promptly and accurately according to the standard operating procedures.
- Deal with members of the public in a polite and professional manner, including conducting bag searches
- Conduct safety checks on all mail using x-ray facilities provided
- Control vehicle and pedestrian entrances to the Embassy, including conducting vehicle searches.
- Complete the following tasks according to the standard operating procedures:
- Equipment checks
- Handover perimeter checks
- Radiation meter readings
- Check windows are closed and lights are off when the Embassy is being locked up
Open and close the visitor entrance to the Embassy every day.
- Previous security work experience (minimum 1 year)
- Availability to work night shifts and weekends
- Previous experience of working with customers is preferable.
This is a full-time position, requiring 12 hrs shift working including weekends and public holidays, as the gatehouse needs to be manned 24/7.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Estonia. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance.
The start date indicated in the present advert is an estimated date. Final starting date will be agreed between the successful candidate and the Embassy Corporate Services and confirmed after successful security clearance and professional references.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.