View Vacancy - Programme Manager B3 (based in either Juba or Nairobi) (CSSF) (22/17 NR) no successful candidate
Main purpose of job:
The Programme Manager will be responsible for developing, managing and reporting on projects in Conflict, Security and Stability in support of the UK’s strategic objectives for South Sudan. The successful candidate will have specific responsibility for developing projects on objectives relating to peace mediation and peace-building programming, and to develop a broad understanding of the UK’s project work in South Sudan,
The post is open to candidates based in Nairobi or Juba. The successful candidate will need to be prepared to undertake occasional travel to the alternate location.
Roles and responsibilities:
Programme management of National and Local Conflict Prevention projects (30%)
- Help technical leads in the proactive development of project ideas
- Receive project proposals and prepare initial assessment summaries for consideration by the CSSF Head of Programmes and South Sudan Strand Board.
- Assist with production of Business Cases for projects in line with each department’s procedures
- Oversee procurement in line with relevant HMG procurement procedures
- Support Programme Team in delivery of Conflict, Stability and Security projects
- Create and maintain schedule of key project milestones (start/end dates, report due dates, monitoring visits required, evaluations) and be responsible for holding technical leads to timescales.
- Particular overseeing in the design and delivery of the Embassy’s National Level Conflict Reduction programme.
- If Nairobi-based, regular travel will be required to South Sudan and, subject to the security situation, occasionally outside of Juba.
Financial Management of projects (30%)
- Assessment of partner budgets to ensure in line with UK government rules and regulations and value for money
- Maintenance of accurate spreadsheets regarding project allocations, monthly spend and forecast spend
- Financial reporting back to the Head of Programmes (monthly),
- Monitoring of programme spend, including against allocation per project and liaison with implementing partners
- Arrange for transfer of funds to partners as required
Monitoring and Evaluation (30%)
- Liaison with implementing partners and Regional M&E Adviser in order to monitor progress against project objectives
- Arranging and oversight of project monitoring visits
- Regular reporting of project progress to the South Sudan Strand Board and wider programme team.
Team Support and Learning and Development (10%)
- As a member of the Regional and Sudans CSSF team and the South Sudan HMG Team, provide hoc support to other team priorities.
- To undertake necessary training and development activities for the job
- Experience in programme management.
- Experience in financial management.
- Experience working in politically sensitive programming and with senior stakeholders; on peace agreement implementation and/or with the security sector
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Kenya with the correct visa/status or work permit
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Nairobi are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Country.
- Spouses/registered partners of UK Based Staff are able to work within the BHC/BCG but their salary will be abated at the appropriate tax rates.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
- If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
- Please note that the British High Commission in Nairobi does not at any time require any form of payment for recruitment purposes.
This opportunity is closed to applications.