View Vacancy - PNG - Corporate Services Manager
The British High Commission Port Moresby is part of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO)’s world-wide network of 270 Posts, representing British political, military, economic, visa and consular interests overseas. We are currently looking to recruit a Corporate Services Manager to lead the Corporate Services Team in the British High Commission, ensuring efficient and effective day-to-day operations including on budget management, human resources, and contract management.
Roles and responsibilities
Leadership and Management
- Lead the Corporate Services Team of 8 (with direct line management for 4) by setting clear direction, ensuring a high quality service is provided, contributing to strategic planning and supportive of change management.
- Work with the Learning and Development Champion to maximise training opportunities.
Finance and Procurement
- Forecast, manage and report against the High Commission’s overall budget in accordance with Corporate policies including finance controls to ensure on-budget expenditure and value for money.
- Manage the relationship between HR & Finance Hubs and Global Transactions Processing Centre, in Manila.
- Manage external contacts and supplies as necessary.
- Lead HR and staffing matters, including policies and practices related to employment terms, pay and benefits, performance management, recruitment, ensuring compliance with local employment legislation, conduct and discipline. Oversee the updating of the Post Report, Induction Pack and Visitor’s Briefing Pack.
Estates, Transport and IT
- Lead the management and maintenance of the High Commission’s estate, which includes the office, two UK residences and four local staff residencies.
- At least 5 years of corporate experience (preferably in Finance/HR or a related management role), in a managerial capacity
- At least 3 years experience of managing a team
- Sound financial or operations experience with evidence of extensive budget management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer focus
- Good judgement and strategic awareness, to get the best use from resources and identify opportunities for improvement and innovative solutions
- Personal drive and the ability to be a self-starter as well as a team player, focus on delivery and ability to reprioritise and deal with a changing environment
- Fluent English language skills, both written and spoken
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Annual Leave Entitlement of 20 days per year
- Superannuation contributions
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- Medical insurance
- Access to extensive learning and development opportunities
- The job holder must be prepared for occasional travel within the region
- Some out of hours work may be required
The successful candidate must have or be able to obtain Work Authorisation for Papua New Guinea and valid Police Clearance Certificate.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested.
Deadline of Appplications is at 23:55pm Papua New Guinea time on 18 June 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
This opportunity is closed to applications.