View Vacancy - Residence Manager (07/17 FT) INTERNAL ONLY
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Main purpose of job:
To give direction and support to the residence staff team, plan and run events and provide general oversight
Roles and responsibilities:
- Managing and mentoring the residence staff of 1 x Chef, 2 x Stewards and 3 gardeners, producing rosters and work schedules;
- Managing minor expenditure, overseeing all incidental ordering and food spending, overseeing the alcohol stock management;
- Ensuring health and safety standards are met;
- Liaising with Corporate Services Section on necessary maintenance requests;
- Liaising with HC’s PA/ diary manager and spouse of the High Commissioner to organise official functions( lunches, dinners and receptions) including compiling menus and arranging extra staff;
- Ensuring the Residence undergoes a regular cleaning process
- Previous or current experience working as an events supervisor or manager in a senior HMG domestic household.
- Proven experience in successfully organising or supervising staff for big events such as during VVIP visits or QBP
- Ability to use computers
- Good spoken and written English
Changing and Improving, Leading and Communicating, Building Capability for All, Managing a Quality Service
23 May 2017
British High Commission
SLL 3,538,846 gross plus Transport Allowance 183,045 (monthly); Rent Allowance 300,000 (annually) Leave Allowance 120,000 (annually)
1 June 2017
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Freetown are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Sierra Leonne.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Senegal with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Sierra Leone will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- Complete the application form in full as the information provided will be used for screening purposes.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.