View Vacancy - Events Internship - British Embassy Bogotá
Main purpose of job
To work in the embassy Events and Communications team under the supervision of the Events Project Coordinator, supporting the Head of Press Section to promote the UK as an excellent political and commercial partner for Colombia, working proactively to promote the British Embassy activities and initiatives across all policy areas. The jobholder will assist the Events Coordinator in organising internal and external events, including the annual Queen’s Birthday Party in June, as well as supporting the Press and Media activities.
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Support the Events Coordinator with the arrangement of logistics and provision of services (sometimes internally and sometimes with external providers) for Embassy events. (For instance, accommodation, transport, catering, audio / visual equipment, carrying material, stocktaking and special requirements).
- Support the Events Coordinator with the arrangement of the logistics and provision of services for the British Residence Events.
- Good relationships with suppliers and other stakeholders.
- In liaison with the Events Coordinator, to update, maintain, monitor and organise the Embassy Events Planner.
- Monitoring of Embassy Events invitations and invitees lists.
- Liaise with the Security Manager to provide list of names/suppliers of anyone required to perform activities at the Residence for an event.
- Maintain a database of service providers.
Administrative work (35%)
- Keep record (both physical and digital) of the team’s events expenditures and Purchase Orders.
- Support the Events Coordinator maintaining the team’s budget chart is up-to-date.
- Keep record and renew every subscription to newspapers and magazines of the Press Team and some Heads of Section under the Events Coordinator’s guidance.
- Administrate the Press Storage Room, keeping it organised, clean and tidy with an updated inventory.
- Liaise with the Corporate Services team to keep paper, ink, pens and any stationary related items in place for the office to work properly.
- The jobholder will eventually have to translate certain documents from Spanish to English and English to Spanish.
- Support the Press team on related matters.
Essential on arrival:
- Currently enrolled in the last semesters of a university degree in Social Communications, Services Administration or related fields (journalism, advertising, etc.)
- Available to work full-time and occasional evenings and weekends (to assist at events).
- Good knowledge of photography and video-editing software.
- Responsible, well organised and committed to the job.
- Able to do physical work for the set-up of events and for the management of the storage room.
- Sociable, able to interact and collaborate with different teams.
- Excellent teamwork and communications skills
- Works well under pressure and against deadlines, able to deal effectively with stressful and difficult situations
- Fluent in both English and Spanish (written and spoken).
- Interest in the UK.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel-Word-Power Point)
- Knowledge of world affairs.
- Graphic design skills (adobe creative cloud)
Must have the legal status to live and work in Colombia.
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes generous vacation and leave time, flexible working patterns (dependent upon position), and an enriching learning and development opportunities.
Mondays to Thursdays 08:30 to 17:00, Fridays 08:30 to 13:30.
Occasional evenings and weekend work may be required.
This opportunity is closed to applications.