View Vacancy - Corporate Services Manager - Brades, Montserrat
**Please note: this position is located in Brades, Montserrat in the Caribbean. Candidates must possess the independent right to reside and work in Montserrat at the time of application.
Main purpose of job:
The Governor’s Office in Brades, Montserrat has an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager to join their team as Corporate Services Manager. This opportunity is a varied and rewarding role as the Governor’s Office is a small and dedicated team that requires a flexible approach to responsibilities.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Governor, Head of the Governor’s Office (HOGO), and across all sections of the mission, as well as our Human Resources and Finance Hubs in Washington DC and our Procurement Hub in Mexico City. The position is a demanding one with broad responsibilities across finance, HR, security, protocol, IT, business continuity, estates, facilities management and corporate leadership, with oversight of outsourced service providers. The individual has to juggle multiple demands balancing quality service delivery, with efficiency and applying UK-centric rules and policies. They must be able to lead, provide strategic direction on corporate services, motivate and constantly ensure high levels of cost-efficient service delivery. As the driving force for corporate delivery, the jobholder will provide corporate, financial and local insight to inform decision making. They will need to carry the confidence of senior managers through the advice and support they provide.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manage post’s corporate delivery across finance, HR, protocol working closely with the regional HR, finance and procurement hubs and the Global Transaction Processing Centre (GTPC). Ensure full use of self-service access to corporate services and regionalised services.
- Management of the estate, ensuring that UK and local health and safety standards are met through planned and reactive maintenance and in compliance with corporate procedures, including UK and local health and safety regulations and policy.
- Act as the ‘intelligent client’, identifying requirements, appropriate service level agreements and key performance indicators to manage and monitor supplier contracts.
- Oversee the accountant who manages locally delegated budget in accordance with corporate policies to ensure on-budget expenditure and value for money.
- Instil a continuous improvement mentality within the team, implement corporate projects and the change management required to deliver them.
- Alongside the HOGO, contribute to the overall employer proposition, including terms and conditions of service and pay and benefits for country based staff (CBS), ensuring compliance with local labour law.
- Provide guidance and act as an escalation point on sensitive staff matters for UK and CBS, including management issues and dispute resolution, engaging with specialist HR functions where necessary.
- Champion and embed a collaborative and inclusive culture.
- Be the single point of contact for all estate matters within the Post and with FCDO.
Strategic Planning and Leadership 10%
- Support the corporate agenda, including the country business plan and risk management.
- Act as trusted advisor to local leadership ‘horizon scanning’ locally to enable proactive resource and activity planning.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders internally, within regional and global hubs and with external partners (at other government departments and suppliers) to maintain informed and current corporate knowledge.
- Ensure local policies are reviewed and aligned to global and local requirement.
- Lead and monitor the delivery of services against the local corporate services charter.
- Respond to operational crisis, providing leadership and flexing team prioritisation as required.
- Ensure cross training within corporate services roles to provide resilience within the teams
- Work closely with the Regional Hubs and OTPD to plan long term resource and development needs.
- Ensure wellbeing and engagement are maintained within the post, seeking regular feedback and embedding the values of resilience and respect.
Local Requirement 5%
- Support the HOGO in the delivery of the Post Health and Safety, Wellbeing and Bullying Discrimination and Harassment policies.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- Line management of 1 staff member (Executive Assistant to the Governor)
- Oversight of local budget
Essential on arrival:
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role, preferably with direct involvement in HR and /or Finance policy and implementation
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, market research and communication skills.
- Experience in leading and managing cross functional teams
- High levels of discretion, with a resilient, flexible and ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to challenge and influence senior stakeholders
- Experience in managing suppliers and outsourced service delivery
- Strong IT skills and confidence in using Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Proven ability to deliver results and manage multiple priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Full driving licence
*The role is open to anyone with the independent right to reside and work in Montserrat.
Level of language required: Fluent
- Relevant professional qualification in finance, HR or estates management
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- Previous experience of working in a diplomatic mission or international organisation/business
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Learning and development opportunities:
HM Government is committed to supporting each of their staff to learn, grow and develop. All staff and their managers are expected to devise a personalised Development Plan, which identifies areas for professional development and sets out a combination of formal and informal learning.
There may also be opportunities to provide support to offices around the region and attend regional conferences and events.
This is a full time, office-based position, with the successful candidate working 8:00am – 4:15pm Monday to Friday. Occasional out of hours working, and some weekends, may be required for which Time Off In Lieu (TOIL) or Overtime will be offered.
The role is open to anyone with the independent right to reside and work in Montserrat.
The jobholder must be willing and able to undertake occasional international travel and may be required to attend official functions outside of working hours for which you would be entitled to time off in lieu, in agreement with your line manager.
The period of probation for this role is 3 months. The Montserrat's Governor's Office reserves the right to extend this, if necessary, in order to fairly assess performance.
A full induction and buddy system will be arranged for the successful applicant.
A comprehensive mandatory pension plan is offered as well as a group medical cover, subject to plan provider approval.
Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 6-12 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate.
This opportunity is closed to applications.