View Vacancy - Cleaner S3 (21/20 ACC)
Main Purpose of Job:
The main purpose of this role is undertake cleaning of the BHC/DFID offices to ensure a comprehensive cleaning service is provided in compliance with Health and Safety Regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and disinfect sinks, counter tops, toilets, mirrors, floors etc.
- Polish metalwork such as fixtures and fittings
- Replenish bathroom supplies
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum floors using brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners
- Handle other floor works such as scrubbing, waxing and polishing floors
- Dust furniture, equipment, partitions etc.
- Empty wastebaskets and recyclables and transports to disposal area
- Clean rugs, carpets, and upholstered furniture, using vacuum cleaner (hip or backpack)
- Wash walls and woodwork.
- Wash windows, door panels, partitions, sills etc.
- Ensure the interior and exterior of the office is kept clean and safe
- Provide cover for other cleaning staff as and when required.
- Any other duties assigned by Line Manager.
- Ability to clean.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Ability to speak and understand Ghanaian languages.
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- The British High Commission in Ghana takes learning and development seriously.
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop many core and transferable skills through both formal and informal learning and development opportunities.
- Members of staff are encouraged to make use of the learning and development opportunities that the office has to offer.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Ghana with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- The successful applicant will demonstrate that they meet the requirements under Ghanaian law to work in Ghana.
- The British High Commission in Accra is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
- Staff recruited locally by the British High Commission in Accra is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Ghanaian employment law.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
This opportunity is closed to applications.