View Vacancy - Deputy Corporate Services Manager B3 (06/19 YAO)
Main purpose of job:
The Deputy Corporate Service Manager (DCSM) is integral to successful functioning of the British High Commission (BHC) Yaoundé Corporate Services Team (CST) that manages day-to-day operation of the BHC and Chad . The DCSM, with support from the Corporate Services Manager (CSM) will lead on estate management, including implementing policy, ensuring that projects and maintenance are delivered to a high standard and provide value for money. The successful candidate will also be responsible for implementing health and safety policy, lead on learning and development, and will forecast and manage related budgets.
The DCSM will also act as back-up Corporate Services Manager (CSM) during absences.
Roles and responsibilities:
The main roles and responsibilities of the position are as follows, although the jobholder may at times be required to take on additional tasks:
- Lead on Estates Management for post, implement and deliver FCO policy for Cameroon.
- Budget forecasting and monitoring for all Estates related budgets, ensuring value for money.
- Implement office and residential works related to expansion of the BHC.
- Provide strategic advice to CSM and DHC on Estate management.
- Lead on implementation of all health and safety policies for the office and residential accommodation; Ensure compliance testing in place and liaise with Technical works Officer based in Khartoum.
- Manage all maintenance works projects, ensuring work is carried out by suitable contractors and meet FCO standards.
- Implement and oversee maintenance requests system, monitor/feedback to and from staff and support the maintenance officer.
- Manage quality control of work; implement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and report to Senior Management as part of the Corporate Services charter.
- Work closely with Procurement Hub on maintenance contracts and lead on local contracts as applicable.
- Lead on learning and developing of staff, Diplomatic Academy, Diplomacy 2020, working closely with the DHC.
- Deputise for the Corporate Services Manager (CSM) as required, including management and oversight of the Corporate Services Team (CST)
- Work closely with Corporate Services Manager (CSM), all sections of the High Commission as well as the Global Transaction Processing Centre (GTPC) in Manila to ensure the right processes are in place and relevant financial policies and procedures are adhered to and that these are articulated to staff;
- Approve electronic invoices
- Oversee the proper management and control of the High Commission’s fuel deliveries, procurement processes and stock management.
- Line manage 2 local staff
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
2 x Corporate Services Officers
- Experience in Business Management, Procurement/Estate Management, Project management or equivalent
- At least 2 years of working experience in Procurement/Estate Management, Finance
- Experience in a building service, hospitality or facilities management environment
- Good negotiating skills
- Experience in managing projects
- Experience in managing staff
- Ability to handle sensitive information (financial and personal data)
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively
- Ability to work with a wide range of internal and external contacts
- A need to demonstrate determination, self-motivation and pro-active approach
- Be a team player and have excellent organisational skills
- Strong IT skills (MS Office) and advanced level of Excel knowledge is required
- Previous working experience in an international organisation
- Background in accounting, budgets.
- Learning and development experience
- Some HR experience
- Knowledge of French language
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
Opportunity to undertake regional and internal courses, subject to approval and budgets.
Access to a vast amount of online e-learning courses and other learning and developing opportunities.
Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Yaounde are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Cameroon.
All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
1.Obtain the relevant permit
2.Pay the fees for the permit
3.Make arrangements to relocate
4.Meet the costs to relocation
Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.