View Vacancy - Corporate Services Officer (LTU22.390)
The British Embassy Vilnius is a professional, friendly and inclusive team, which supports the development and wellbeing of all its staff members.
For the Corporate Services Team we are now looking for a part-time Corporate Services Officer to manage all protocol and logistics activity at post; liaise with local authorities to assist diplomatic staff and their families to obtain and maintain diplomatic cards, visas and other official identification and work closely with the Community Liaison Officer (CLO) and the corporate services team to ensure that arrival and departure processes run efficiently.
Arrivals and Departures 40%
- Assist with the arrival and departure processes for diplomatic staff and their families ensuring processes are efficiently managed to meet required deadlines;
- Maintain records on current and future arrivals and departures to ensure proactive administration;
- Work with the CLO and/or corporate services team to maintain post welcome and departure packs. Seek and collate regular feedback from customers;
- Build strong relationships with external contacts to ensure an up to date understanding of local requirements;
- Keep and maintain ‘how to’ guide on protocol for use during periods of absence.
Team Support 25%
- Provide support for other members of corporate services as required;
- Act as back up to the CLO during periods of absence;
- Deputy ITSO;
- General Admin support (stationery, telephone lists);
- Post crisis role.
Protocol Administration 20%
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key contacts in local administration;
- Design and continually improve protocol arrival and departure processes including hand offs with other teams;
- Complete internal and external returns related to diplomatic staff and their families;
- Complete import and export processes for diplomatic staff and their families (vehicles, heavy baggage and airfreight);
- Provide regular, clear and timely updates on protocol issues.
- Assist in obtaining customs clearance for diplomatic shipments, including airport access;
- Provide assistance with official documentation, bureaucratic requirements and local tax systems;
- Arranging imports, registration and insurance for official vehicles.
- Proficiency at a C1 level in English and Lithuanian according to CEFR Framework*;
- Administrative/executive experience working for an international organisation;
- Comfortable with a process driven role, enabling our frontline teams to deliver;
- Ability to manage detailed processes;
- Commitment to customer service.
Experience working with Government administration.
This is a part-time, permanent contract of 17.5 gross hours per week.
The start date for the position is as soon as possible, subject to the availability of the candidate and the length of the recruitment process.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Lithuania. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Vilnius are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Lithuanian employment law.
- A competitive base salary and a non-consolidated sports allowance;
- Private medical insurance scheme;
- A strong focus on learning and development; including support for developing English language skills
- Access to development and learning opportunities offered to all staff.
- The opportunity to work in an international environment, gaining skills relevant to work in shared services centres and international organisations;
- 40 hours gross working week and a commitment to flexible working with a focus on providing a work-life balance, with the potential for some home-working.
Visa/work permit requirements: candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Lithuania and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCDO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCDO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR.
This opportunity is closed to applications.