View Vacancy - MNL - Deputy IT Support Officer, AO
The British Embassy Manila is a large diplomatic mission (around 250 staff) delivering a dynamic and rapidly expanding programme of activity in support of the UK’s objectives on prosperity, security and consular matters. The Embassy is a modern, diverse and inclusive employer where everyone contributes to the Embassy’s WORC Values of Wellbeing, Opportunity, Respect and Collaboration.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
75% time of the jobholder will be IT management of the Manila Network’s IT systems, telephone, and other communications systems. The successful candidate will have an important role helping manage and implement IT policies, ensuring compliance by users with relevant rules and best practice, ensuring business resilience and continuity, regular maintenance and repairs and developing IT skills of staff and how they can best use the technology to improve business outcomes.
25% of the role will be for Management (Procurement & Contract, Asset/Estate Management, Logistics and Payments Schedule) related activities.
The British Embassy also provides a shared services platform for a number of different government departments and is governed by a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). The successful candidate will need to oversee the delivery of the MOU, in the IT systems, telephone and communication systems across different government department.
The successful candidate will need to have good analytical, interpersonal skills, possesses strong customer services mind-set and be open to helping, supporting colleagues and answering questions they may have.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contact point for users of the UK Government’s main computer system in Philippines, working with users and the central helpdesk to prioritise and respond to requests for help and resolve any issues with the full range official computer, telephone or VTC systems.
- Providing policy advice and support implementation of IT policies to ensure resilience and business continuity,
- Ensuring compliance of users with relevant operational and security rules and procedures.
- Working as part of the Security Team within the Embassy to ensure IT assets are secure.
- Training and mentoring staff on how to best utilise computer, telephony and VTC systems.
- Maintaining inventories and ensuring Security Operating Procedures are understood and enacted.
- Collaborating with local suppliers to ensure value for money and a high quality of service
- Making effective use of IT budgets including prioritisation and procurement.
- Other associated activities as required.
- Highly proficient in written / spoken English
- Strong IT skills (networking, hardware and services) and experience in IT support, with particular emphasis on computers, telephony and VTC technology.
- Related working experience for a min of 3 years.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Flexibility, personal resilience and capable of solving problems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge/proficiency of Filipino language.
The British Embassy offers a competitive compensation package, 36-hour work week, guaranteed 13th and 14th month pay, 20 days paid annual leave (calculated on Pro-rata basis if joined after 1 January), extensive medical insurance, life insurance and access to a guaranteed 5 days of learning opportunities a year.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Manila is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Philippine employment law.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit. Any costs related to obtaining or renewing permits and visas are the responsibility of the successful applicant.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Candidates are expected to have a valid NBI Clearance.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the online application form completely including the employment and educational details, experience, professional skills and behaviour based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the applications and incomplete form in any respect may not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
For inclusivity and diversity, please remove the following personal information when uploading your CV: name, address, email address, age, date of birth, gender, and nationality.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.