View Vacancy - Housekeeper – Los Angeles
Main purpose of job:
Housekeeper will be responsible for the general cleaning and housekeeping of the Consul General residence. To maintain the residence at a high representational standard, ensuring a clean, orderly operation in readiness for official events and official visitors.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
• Ensuring the official areas of the Residence and clean, well-organised and well maintained at all times, including: reception areas, hallways and stairs.
• Preparing the Residence and bedrooms for official guests and when hosting events; which includes fresh sheets on beds, bathroom supplies are maintained, dusting and cleaning.
• Ensuring supplies at the Residence are maintained, through individual ordering/shopping, delivering value for money and ensuring a quality service.
• Cleaning of kitchen and bathrooms including, sinks, stove, countertops, cabinets/shelving, floors, toilets.
• Dust furniture. Vacuum carpets and drapes as needed. Make beds. Change towels.
• Clean and dust paintwork/trim, blinds and windows.
• Keep loggia floor clean.
• Keeping laundry room and store room tidy; keep storage areas well organised.
• Hosing down and cleaning outside furniture.
• Assisting with welcoming guests to the Residence, preparation of light refreshments, preparing areas to host guests for small engagements.
• Preparing for and tidying up after events, working with caterers and event staff.
• Meeting and supervising with scheduled contractors/handyman for various repairs
• Work with the Residence Manager and Corporate services team to spot and solve upkeep and maintenance issues in the Residence, so that it is consistently well-maintained.
This opportunity is closed to applications.