View Vacancy - Information Technology Support Officer
Main purpose of job:
IT Administration and point of contact for users on IT and telephone (mobile and office line) related issues. Help ensure maximum availability and security of the Firecrest and non-Firecrest systems. Responsible for the IT equipment (review, procure, install and maintain). Act as local contact for ECHO tasks and smartphones set up.
Roles and responsibilities:
IT Administration, User Support, and Security
- Act as point of contact for users on IT and be responsible for advice on use of systems.
- Proactively maintain Firecrest, reporting incidents and degradations in performance promptly to the Helpdesk and escalating through the correct channel (Regional Service Manager – Service Delivery Manager) where necessary.
- Liaise with the Helpdesk to resolve IT issues at post and act as point of contact for technical visits.
- Create Service Calls and Incidents on the My Help Desk Portal.
- Administer user accounts (for Firecrest and standalone network) e.g. requesting new account creations from the Helpdesk, and where no Helpdesk intervention is necessary unlock, disable, enable and reset passwords.
- Keep a user account request log with approved request (3 years log required).
- Use administration tool to grant access to the Firecrest shared area and apply permissions to folders.
- Add users to cleared and uncleared printer groups and manage scanner accounts.
- Manage shared mailboxes and distribution lists.
- Be responsible for IT Security Procedures including SOPS management, brief new users about SOPs and keep record of signed SOPs (3 years log required).
- Act as Media Custodian.
- Play an active role in Post’s Business Continuity Plan and Post Crisis Committee.
- Information Support Officer (ISO) in Post for iRecords. Responsibility for administering post’s sharepoint sites.
- Management of consumables e.g. toner cartridges.
- Liaise with local suppliers to install internet connection and cable TV for UK officers.
- Review, procure, install and maintain Firecrest and non-Firecrest hardware equipment (e.g. desktops, laptops, printers, photocopiers, servers (depending on clearance), routers/modems and smartphones).
- Ensure changes to IT at post e.g. office moves follow the correct IT Change procedures e.g. Contract Change (CCR) or Request for Change (RFC).
- Manage a small pool of ‘hot’ spares of desktops and laptops as well as server spares (FRU kits) and order replacement spares to replenish those used to resolve a fault.
- Carry out hardware replacements on desktops and servers according to the instructions in the ITSO manual and return faulty equipment to the UK.
- Rebuild desktops and laptops when required.
- Administer stand alone machines and dirty network.
- Install and maintain non Firecrest hardware/peripherals and support cabling, switches, hubs, etc.
- Install Bitlocker software and regenerate pins.
- Replace backup tapes when required (Notifications sent to Postmaster Mailbox).
- Administer servers.
- Maintain the Inventory of IT equipment.
- Annual integrity check of laptops and cleared workstation.
- Act as local contact for ECHO tasks.
- Act as first point of contact for end users on site who have a problem with the Echo service (including unclassified video-conferencing).
- Store legacy telephony equipment to await decommissioning and disposal.
- Perform 1st level diagnostics on user reported problems e.g. power on, handset plugged in, etc.
- Replace faulty telephone handsets using spares from on-site spares holding.
- Where appropriate, capture information required by Vodafone and log an incident with the Vodafone service desk.
- Work with Vodafone service desk to perform basic checks on Echo equipment located on site e.g. power, cabling, warning lamp status.
- Act as a point of contact for any on-site technical visit required to resolve an incident.
- Ensure the necessary access arrangements are in place for the Vodafone engineer and ensure that any replacement hardware that may have been sent, or is in the post spares kit, is available to the Vodafone engineer (depending on the location of the equipment).
- Assist with logistical support process e.g. as a recipient for any replacement equipment which may be sent to site to resolve an incident.
- Ensure that any faulty equipment is returned through the logistics process.
- Order replacement spares to replenish any site-level spares; ensure that the spares inventory held at site is always at the level detailed in the detailed site design document.
- Act as the central point of contact for all MACD requests e.g. new user creation and equipment, upgrade hardware, deletion of users.
- Liaise with local supplier to add, maintain and remove plans and mobile lines.
- Maintain a record of expenditure for every officer and partner. Ensure debts are paid on time.
- Procure mobile equipment for officers.
- Assist with technical support for users.
- Maintain Embassy landline and assist officers with their land lines in properties, ensuring invoices are paid on time.
- Act as a point of contact and liaise with telephone company for any on-site technical visit required to resolve an incident.
- 2 years of relevant working experience on IT.
- Strong knowledge of computers and how they operate, which includes having a broad understanding of hardware and software, operating systems and basic computer programming.
- Familiarity with electronic equipment, internet applications and security are also required.
- He/she will need good communication skills because this position requires frequent interaction with clients.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- A valid passport to travel.
- Formal training in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Information Systems.
- Software installation knowledge and certifications are a plus.
- For this particular role, due security reasons and the level of confidentiality some eligibility requirements will apply.
- Standard working hours: 20 hs per week: Monday to Thursday 09-1300; Fridays 0900 – 1400.
This opportunity is closed to applications.