View Vacancy - Learning & Development Adviser (Design) (ESP281)
The Diplomatic Academy Regional Teams are a network of learning experts who partner with British Missions overseas (Posts) to develop and deliver best practice Learning & Development, Change Management and Organisational Development to drive performance improvement.
This new role will focus on innovative learning design in support of the Diplomatic Academy (DA) goal: Professional learning and development that builds expertise and agility to enable Her Majesty’s Government (HMG) to be a world leader at operating internationally. We are looking for an individual who really understands learning and has significant expertise in using technology to support and enhance development and performance improvement.
In more detail, responsibilities will include:
- Partner with DA faculties, Directorates and Posts to understand key learning needs;
- Improve key learning interventions of faculties, leadership and management, induction and pre-posting interventions;
- Design and implement a variety of innovative blended learning solutions;
- Develop and support online learning groups, both facilitated and self-managing;
- Act as a lead player and mentor to other Advisers in online learning projects including communities of practice;
- Lead and work in project teams to ensure quality and timely delivery of shared objectives and project outcomes;
- Work as part of the global network and partner with Posts to support their learning needs;
- Advise on strategic L&D plans that incorporate blended learning across regions and networks;
- Fluency in English (both oral and written);
- Min 5 years in a L&D design & delivery, either public or private sector;
- Experience of social and collaborative learning tools and platforms;
- Professional qualifications in L&D, OD or equivalent.
- Knowledge of modern learning methodologies including online learning design and facilitation;
- Previous experience in a L&D consultative role - strong client facing experience;
- Demonstrable ability to produce innovative learning design solutions;
- Project Management - end to end L&D solution delivery from design and implementation - to time, cost and quality, as well as having a track record of managing and delivering multiple projects.
- Experience of working in a multi cultural environment;
- Professional qualification in the use of technology in learning;
- Experience of taking a lead role within project or team work.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Spain. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
This is a permanent full-time position of 5 working days (37.5 hours per week).
The successful candidate is subject to a confirmation of a background check, security clearance and the successful completion of a probationary period.
The successful candidate will be enrolled in the Spanish Social Security Scheme and will therefore not be entitled to any gratuity from the Embassy based on gross annual salary.
Regarding taxation, the Embassy is a Diplomatic Mission with tax exempt status and does not collect taxes for other States. Employees are fully responsible for payment of Spanish income tax at the legally required rate.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Spain are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Spanish employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.