View Vacancy - Regional Procurement Lead EECAD & Europe (LTU285 )
The British Embassy in Vilnius is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Regional Procurement Lead for the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s Europe, Eastern Europe and Central Asia Directorates. The successful candidate will be responsible as part of a small regional team for managing the regional procurement activity for a specific group of British Embassies and Consulates within this region, delivering procurement solutions which meet customer requirements and achieving value for money in accordance with EU and UK regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Regional Procurement Delivery
- Working with customers in British overseas Embassies and Consulates in accessing regional procurement requirements;
- Conducting procurement for goods and services for requirements above £25,000
Post Procurement Support
- Working with customers to provide advice on low value procurement activity
- Any other procurement activity as deemed by the Head of Procurement
- University Degree or equivalent in Procurement, Supply Chain, Business, Economics, Finances or similar;
- Strong knowledge of best practice procurement and supplier management techniques;
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with competing priorities;
- Excellent oral and written English skills;
- Good level of proficiency in MS Office particularly MS Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of relevant EU and UK public sector procurement legislation and regulation would be a strong advantage;
- Experience working with e-procurement tools;
- CIPS qualification would be a strong advantage
This is a full-time permanent position of 5 working days, 40 hours per week. Working Hours :08:30-16:45. The successful candidate will be expected to take up the position as soon as possible.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Lithuania. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Vilnius are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Lithuanian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.