View Vacancy - Visits & Events Coordinator - A2
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Department for International Trade, operating from the British High Commission network is expanding across India to enhance and deepen our trade relationships. We are looking to fill a vacancy in our team in British High Commission in Delhi. The primary role will be to assist in VIP visits and business events.
Delhi is the busiest of the UK’s missions across the country seeing a very large number of UK Ministers visiting with the objective of strengthening the trade relations with India. With Brexit, this number of visitors in only likely to increase and the UK seeks to build its trade and investment relationship with India. The incumbent will be working to the C4 L(E) Visits and Events manager. You will be working to deliver a successful visit and supporting the C4 and the two UK D6 First secretaries.
This is an opportunity to be at the heart of the UK Government’s trade and investment work and delivery overseas. The incumbent will be responsible, working with sector colleagues and supporting the delivery of high quality, high impact events (ranging from small lunches to large scale events and receptions for more than 200+ people) supporting and promoting UK companies in India while delivering value for money. The job holder will take care of the fast changing visit programmes and managing everything from transport arrangements to hotel bookings and payments. You will liaise with Ministers’ private offices and the job will be suited to someone who is confident and with good communications skills.
You should be someone with sound administrative skills and willing to develop your event management skills. Multi tasking and communicating the right information to the right team within tight deadlines is essential.
The job offers excellent development and opportunities (in the visit down times) to support sector colleagues on their campaign delivery. The former job has gone on to a promotion in a sector team.
Roles and responsibilities
Events and Visits
Deliver high level events and visits, including:
- VIP and high profile visits and trade missions; workign with colleagues, contributing towards planning and delivery of high profile visits. Responsibilities include programme co-ordination, events and logistics management and ensuring value for money for all costs incurred (e.g. accommodation, travel); liasing with VIPs’ office for various logistical arrangements like flights, room, dietary requirements etc; producing note verbales, being on top of transport workgin closely with the transport team.
- Delivering events for UK companies, including drawing up guest lists, event management (contracting catering and logistics providers), ensuring high-quality and well attended events are delivered. Liaising with various internal and external stake holders as necessary.
Providing administrative support to the DIT New Delhi Team and the two D6, UK based officers; providing leave cover for the PA/Director, DIT. Attending to DIT enquiries on phone/mails, ensuring hard copy mails reach the right people.
Resource and budget management, including budget management and monitoring. Ensuring value for money procurement and maintaining accurate financial records. Raising requisitions and receiving invoices on system.
WHAT WE DO:
Department for International Trade (DIT) works with UK based businesses to ensure their success in international markets through exports. We encourage and support overseas companies to look at the UK as the best place to set up or expand their business. Improving trade and investment links with India is a UK Government priority. The Indian Government is opening up major opportunites and there is a determination to see a major expansion in bilateral trade and investment. More information about DIT is available here and information on UK Government priorities in India is available here.
The DIT team is a high-performing, hybrid team of supportive colleagues made up of UK-based and locally engaged staff totalling around 100 people, spread across nine cities in India.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
Individuals in our team are self-starters, with proven energy and initiative in overcoming obstacles and the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise with minimal supervision. We look for good communicators, excellent administrative skills, capable of dealing with VIPs, business delegates and diplomats. All our staffs is team players with people skills and a positive attitude, willing to contribute to the wider organisation as well as deliver their personal objectives. As an organisation, we continuously seek to deliver excellent customers services and results to diverse customers with diverse needs and requirements.
For a full understanding of the competences we are seeking, see here . This role is the equivalent of Level 1 (AO) of the framework.
- Previous, demonstrable experience of events management and visits co-ordination/delivery.
- Experience of administrative work and good IT skills.
- Experience of handling big events and visits of high level.
- Skilled at sharing information in a practical way with key contacts within and outside the organisation
- IT skills
- Good experience of working in virtual team in multi cultural environment.
For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply. For other than British High Commission candidates, Salary will be Rs. 34684 per month together with a 12% provident fund and 6% Special Allowance.
Additionally the BHC offers a great benefits package that includes annual domiciliary medical cover, plus a Group Hospitalisation Scheme with Rs 500,000 floater cover for your immediate family.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work force is women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment. This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
- Completed the Online Job Application Form
- Attach a detailed CV
- Appraisal form of last two years ( Internal candidates)
Please Note :
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.