View Vacancy - Regional Financial Manager
Main purpose of job:
To undertake a wide range of financial duties on behalf of a number of Offices in the region. This will include the monitoring of budgets and forecasts, acting as the first line of financial support and compliance, plus reporting issues back to Finance Business Partners in the UK.
Individuals will also be expected to analyse the balance sheet accounts for the Offices in the region and ensure information is accurately and effectively reported.
Roles And Responsibilities:
BUDGET MANAGEMENT (50%)
- To monitor and process the budgeting, forecasting and reporting (including exception reporting) for a range of offices in the region.
- Liaise with individual Posts and Finance Business Partners in the UK and consolidate information across a region to monitor trends and variances
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT (40%)
- Ensure financial management indicators [FPCIs] are robust and issues resolved appropriately within agreed timescales.
- Analyse the balance sheet accounts in your respective region and ensure information is accurately and effectively reported.
- Identification and analysis of contingent liabilities, provisions, changes in pension’s liabilities and monitoring by exception creditors and debtors.
- Provide cash forecast for each Office within the Region in advance of each Financial Year.
- Work with Offices to ensure cash management is accurately reported and processes are adhered to [including Other UK Government Departments who may be present].
- Ensure that offline office accounts are submitted on time to Corporate Services Centres located in Manila.
- Operationally, ensure consistency of application of policies and financial processes within the region by:
- Liaison with and notification to, overseas:
§ Finance Business Partners;
§ Debtor management;
§ Creditor management;
§ Balance sheet management
§ Processing centres
- Management of identified risks/provisions/contingent liabilities;
- Fixed Asset verification, management and accounting;
- Use of Hyperion & OBIEE to prepare and promote budget & forecast information
- Monitoring Key Performance Indicators;
- Spend & cost driver Analysis [liaising with Procurement & HR colleagues];
- Assist with business planning;
- Chart of Accounts usage;
English & (French - advantageous)
- Solid experience in Budgeting and Forecasting (2 years)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understands the value of teamwork
- Sound financial background
- 3 year accounting or financial accountant knowledge
- B Com (accounting) degree or
- B Tec accounting or cost management accounting or
- BCompt or
- ACCA/CIMA partly qualified or
IT literate to an advance level specifically on MS Excel
- Experience with OBIEE, Hyperion (Oracle Business Suite)
The British High Commission pays in full for the Key Care Plus option on Discovery Health for staff including spouses/partners and dependants.
Once you have successfully completed your probation the British High Commission will contribute 9 % of your monthly salary to a Provident Fund.
Annual leave entitlement of 25 days
Working hours per week of 36.5
ACCA/CIMA studies will be funded to a limited yearly allowance after the probation period is successfully completed.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Pretoria are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in South Africa.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- If you don’t already hold a valid SA Police Clearance Certificate, we recommend that you apply for the certificate at the time of your application.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Complete the application form in full as the information provided will be used for screening purposes.
- Check your application before you submit, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.