View Vacancy - Trade and Investment Adviser
Main purpose of job:
Lead on helping UK companies win business with international development institutions in the region; work as part of the regional campaign to promote UK expertise and capability in Oil and Gas and Financial Services. Owner of DIT’s (Department of International Trade) communication strategy.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Lead on the Aid Funded Business sector and relations with multilaterals (40%)
- Build and maintain a network of contacts with key decision makers in CAF in order to support UK exports in the region.
- Cascade timely information on projects and opportunities to the Aid Funded Business team and UK companies.
- Ensure that other DIT posts in Latin America are aware of opportunities coming up in their regions.
- Provide regular briefings to colleagues in Caracas and in the region on how to access projects at CAF.
- Work with the Head of Department in order to promote UK Financial Services capabilities in Venezuela (20%). Additionally, work with the Oil & Gas Senior Officer in the promotion of UK Oil & Gas supply chain capabilities in Venezuela (20%)
- Support to Head of DIT and Senior Officer in order to provide effective advice, support and assistance to UK companies interested in doing business in Venezuela, particularly in the energy and financial services sectors.
- Develop in-depth sectoral knowledge and a broad and relevant range of contacts in the energy and financial services sectors.
- Identify business opportunities in Venezuela, particularly in the energy and financial services sectors, and enable UK companies to respond effectively.
- Be an active member of the Latin America regional Financial Services and Oil and Gas campaigns team.
- Lead on DIT’s communications and digital campaigns (10%)
- Working alongside the Embassy communications team and the Regional Marketing Hub, develop a programme of features that demonstrate the strengths of the UK for the Venezuelan market. Develop content for the UK to showcase the opportunities in Venezuela.
- Design media plans for all commercial events in Venezuela and all commercial visits to the UK.
- Supervision of DIT intern (10%)
- Oversee DIT Intern’s overall role and responsibilities, which include: social media channel and website content management with relevant information on opportunities in Venezuela; making use of the export opportunities platform; support on recording interactions with companies.
- We are looking for an early career professional looking to contribute to the team, but also learn about the challenges and opportunities of international business.
- At least 2 years industrial/ commercial experience in Venezuela.
- Background in Oil and Gas, Financial Services or in working with International Development Agencies.
- This role will involve occasional travel.
This opportunity is closed to applications.