View Vacancy - Regional Business Support Manager, Pretoria
Main purpose of job:
To manage UKVI Africa’s regional resources, including operating and pay budgets, and staff levels. Forecasting visa demand by country and VAC, and modelling of resource to demand. Management of Commercial Partner contracts and ensuring partners perform to agreed SLAs. Scoping of new commercial opportunities and chargeable premium services. Working closely with UKVI HQ to prepare accurate statistics and Management Information.
Roles and responsibilities
- Meet UKVI’s financial objectives by working closely with HQ and regional colleagues to;
- forecast requirements,
- set budgets,
- monitor expenditure,
- analyse variance,
- prioritise spend and foster a culture of best budget practise.
- Forecast visa demand, analysing trends and variance to ensure forecasts perform within an agreed tolerance on actuals, and model resource accordingly, tracking succession planning.
- Management of Commercial Partner contract, including closely monitoring performance and administration of compliance. Project management of new VAC premises and scoping opportunities to implement new premium services and products.
- Maintain Business Continuity Plans for UKVI Africa ensuring Commercial Partner have robust plans in place to react to a crisis situation or break in operational activity.
- Maintain Regional Risk Registers, assessing threats and opportunities and mitigating risks.
Responsible for management of UKVI Africa Operational and Pay Budgets and managing resourcing requirements for UKVI offices across Africa, including planning resource requirements and tracking succession.
- Budget management.
- Resource planning and modelling.
- Management of commercial contracts and working with Commercial Partners.
- Demonstrable ability when working in Excel.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Working experience or knowledge of UKVI operations.
- Understanding of FCO accounting systems and Prism.
The British High Commission pays in full for the Key Care Plus option on Discovery Health for staff including spouses/partners and dependants.
Once you have successfully completed your probation the British High Commission will contribute 9% of your monthly salary to a Provident Fund.
Annual leave entitlement of 25 days
Working hours per week of 36.5
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Pretoria are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in South Africa.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- If you don’t already hold a valid SA Police Clearance Certificate, we recommend that you apply for the certificate at the time of your application.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Complete the application form in full as the information provided will be used for screening purposes.
- Check your application before you submit, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.