View Vacancy - Deputy IT Support Officer A1 (13/17 ADD)
Main purpose of job:
To provide IT support and diplomatic bag service as well as general admin and call recording support to the IT Section, British Embassy Addis Ababa.
Roles and responsibilities
IT Administration, User Support, and Security
- Report all IT incidents in the absence if IT manager or ITSO where necessary.
- Add users to printer and scanner groups and shared mailboxes and distribution lists
- Assist ITSO on SOPS management
- Assist ITSO on Review, procure, install and maintain Firecrest and non-Firecrest hardware equipment
- Assist ITSO on weekly Backup tape change.
- Rebuild desktops and laptops when required.
- Install and maintain non Firecrest hardware/peripherals and support cabling, switches, etc
- Be the first point of contact of incoming and outgoing bag
- Ensure timely collection of outgoing bag and its dispatch in time
- Ensure all in-coming bag is distributed carefully and timely
- Liaise with ET and local freight agent for any issue related to the bag service
- Liaise with Chancery and bag office in the UK as needed and try to resolve issues
Manage internet and telephone issues with ethtiotelecom
- Be the first point of contact with ethioetelecom for raising and escalating calls.
- Issue and Manage official mobiles as per the telephone policy.
- Manage off-compound house internet issues.
- Minimum of certificate in IT related fields
- Additional IT courses will be preferable.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Experience on helpdesk support environment.
- Experience on working with Service providers.
- Very good knowledge on document management
Learning and development opportunities :
eLearning courses to be completed:
- Raising a Requisition in the Managed Catalogue.
- How to raise a Non-Catalogue Requisition.
- Receiving Goods and Services in Full.
- How to rebuild desktops
- Change backup tapes
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Ethiopia with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- The British Embassy in Addis Ababa is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Addis Ababa are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Ethiopia.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
- If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
This opportunity is closed to applications.