View Vacancy - Press and Public Affairs Internship (CHEG300)
The United Kingdom Mission to the United Nations in Geneva represents the interests and policies of the UK at the UN and is recruiting a highly motivated and skilled person to do an internship with the Mission’s small and dynamic Press and Public Affairs (PPA) team.
The internship offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the PPA team’s cross-mission work, with a focus on social media management, communications campaign management and events.
The internship will offer insight into the public diplomacy work of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the opportunity to learn about the UK’s work on a range of issues that include human rights, humanitarian assistance, trade and health issues. The work is both challenging and rewarding. We often work under time pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interest in working in public diplomacy and communications in a multilateral environment;
- University degree in the field of media, communications, journalism, public relations or information management, or have practical experience in any of these fields;
- Prior experience of managing, social media channels such as Twitter and Facebook is essential;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- The successful candidate needs to be highly motivated, flexible, and have excellent skills in communication and organisation;
- Willingness to undergo a mandatory security check.
- Education: A background interest in human rights, international relations, political science, or other relevant disciplines clould be useful;
- Work experience: Prior internship or work experience in the context of the international organisations would be an advantage and also experience in working across with other digital platforms and experience in producing digital content for social media;
- Language skills: Knowledge of French.
All applicants should have permission to live and work in Switzerland. Applicants must hold a full passport valid for at least 12 months for any EU / Schengen country.
The UK Mission will offer the intern a monthly training allowance of 1,250 CHF. Please note that interns will need to arrange and pay for their own travel, accommodation, and mandatory health insurance, as well as any other living costs.
The final appointment will be dependent upon successful security clearance. Please note that selected candidates will have to visit the Mission (around 4-6 weeks before starting) for a security interview, which is also at their own cost.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the UK Mission will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, security check nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.