View Vacancy - Deputy Head - Chevening Scholarships Team - C4 - New Delhi
Length of the contract: 1 Year (likely to be extended)
Main purpose of job:
To efficiently support the Chevening Scholarships programme in India. The UK Government’s flagship award scheme is operated globally by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office. India runs the largest Chevening programme in
the world designed to attract the brightest and the best for its high-profile programmes (one year Masters’ and short thematic programmes for mid career professionals), focused on members of
Parliament, journalists, government, public and private sector and civil society.
Further details can be found at:
Roles and Responsibilities
Effectively supporting the Chevening Scholarships & Fellowships in India with responsibility for:
Managing Chevening Alumni in India
- Designing and framing an annual nationwide strategic plan for managing and engaging meaningfully with the 2400 vibrant and diverse alumni in India and leading on delivery of the plan.
- Fostering excellent alumni relations and ensuring they are well connected to the wider BHC agenda and objectives contributing effectively to the work of the BHC in India.
- To identify notable alumni and develop interesting and innovative case studies for promotion and evaluation purposes.
- To be responsible for the Alumni Relations budget and the Chevening Alumni Project Fund and tailoring the programme to the available resources.
- Ensuring the Chevening alumni database of contacts is well managed
- To develop an integrated communications strategy in consultation with the Head of Chevening for effective internal and external communication
- Content creation for website, newsletters, briefings and other promotional materials
- Take complete ownership of social media messaging
Responsible for Innovative Marketing and promotion of Chevening programmes
- Build and manage a rich marketing calendar exploring new ways to engage and identify target audience
Responsible for retendering of existing programmes, ensuring contractual and tendering arrangements with external suppliers are well managed and support the team on the Chevening budget
Support the C5 Head of Chevening in:
- Ensuring Chevening programmes are a success, with high quality candidates and strong engagement on return.
- Ensuring programmes are run on a value for money basis, and run impact evaluations.
- Helping create brand awareness for Chevening
- Supporting in identifying new opportunities for funding and sponsorship
- Creating course content for the programmes
The successful candidate will be someone who has excellent organisational skills, can effectively and meaningfully engage vibrant alumni who are leaders from across sectors - government, public & private sector, civil society, media and politics, can easily multitask, is creative and innovative with excellent written and verbal communications with experience in marketing and digital media. The following skills/experience are required:
- Minimum graduate degree, preferably a post graduate (mass comm./marketing)
- Min 7 years full time work experience
- Experience in marketing, brand building and promotions
- Verbal, written & digital communications
- Event management
- Excellent team player
- Collaborations and partnerships
For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than BHC candidates, salary will be INR 80,924 per month together with a 12% provident fund and 6% Superannuation Fund/ Special Allowance.
Additionally the BHC offers a great benefits package that includes annual domiciliary medical cover, plus a Group Hospitalisation Scheme with Rs 500,000 floater cover for your immediate family.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work force is women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
Please note that applications without (a), (b) and (c) will NOT be considered:
(a) Complete the Online Application Form
(b) Attach a detailed CV
(c) Complete the motivation segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) else the application will not be considered.
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.