View Vacancy - SPRN Administration Officer
This SP5043 Admin post will work directly to the SPRN Office Manager (SP5040) and has the following responsibilities:
• Provision of admin support to the SPRN Office Manager in the processing of PSA visit requests, security clearances, data transmittals and keeping internal databases up to date.
• Process classified and unclassified mail, including letters and reports, maintaining the security and transmittals filing system as appropriate and in accordance with JSP440, The Defence Manual of Security.
• Provision of daily admin support to line management and desk officers in support of their day to day duties by answering, evaluating, and prioritizing telephone, voicemail, emails and coordinating travel arrangements.
• Maintain SPRN office stationery supplies processing orders, when required, through the SPRN Office Depot account.
• Any other admin tasks as directed by line management.
This position will be based at:
1250 10th Street SE, Building 200 Washington Navy Yard, DC 20374-5127
• Strong oral and written communication skills. The post holder must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels.
• Proficient IT skills with the ability to interact with MS Office suite applications.
• High level of interpersonal skills to enable liaison with both UK and US partners and customers.
**Due to UK program security requirements and the requirements of the PSA this post is “Reserved” for personnel with sole UK Nationality. The successful candidate will require a UK SC level Security clearance and if not already held applicants should be willing to undergo this process.
Under US State Department requirements, the Embassy may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders or A or NATO visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A or NATO visa you are not currently eligible to work at the Embassy. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.ukinusa.fco.gov.uk. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
*A visas or NATO visas with EAD cards are acceptable at the Embassy, Consulates, and British Defence Staff (BDS) outposts. The UK Mission to the UN (UKMIS) accepts G visas
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize, follow process and policy and work under own initiative.
• Previous experience of working in an office or team environment.
• Previous experience of handling classified information
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, long term and short term disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, generous vacation and leave time, and an enriching training package.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local American employment law.
Resume and cover letter should be submitted by 17 July 2017. Internal candidates must address their resumes through the Head of Group before applying.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation or other category protected by law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.