View Vacancy - Communications and Public Diplomacy Internship
Main purpose of job:
The intern is expected to assist the Communications team, through a wider agenda across the Country, by contributing to promote key-messages, reinforce UK’s reputation and deliver the UK in Brazil network’s objectives through the engagement with key-stakeholders and the Brazilian and international media.
Roles and responsibilities:
This position will also give support on communications around events, high level visits/missions, the GREAT Britain marketing campaign, internal communications and regional issues such as politics, human rights, trade and investment.
The Intern will be responsible for:
- Giving support on events, official visits and communications initiatives, including photo and digital coverage and the production of communications materials.
- To develop and support all internal communications initiatives such as the bulletin board, digital newsletters, staff events and special campaigns.
- Collaborate in engagement with the media, by writing press releases and reports, preparing mailing lists and contacting journalists.
- Contribute in special projects, accompanying the development and implementation of strategic communications plans.
- Support the work of digital communication, by creating digital communications plans, implementing them and monitoring impacts.
- Help on administrative tasks, including contact with suppliers, documents management and data base update.
- Monitoring discussions on global issues in the media and elaborate daily clippings for the organisation´s network.
- To support promoting GREAT branding – dressing events, organising material, and supporting production/delivery of marketing material.
- 2nd or 3rd year student of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Studies, Journalism or Public Relations.
- He/She must have excellent communication skills both in Portuguese (native) and English (fluent).
- Familiarity with social media networks and knowledge of Office package and IOS system (Mac) are essential.
- Familiarity with design and visual communication tools would be a strong advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and be a strong team-player.
- Organization skills and good attention to detail are essential.
- The job requires flexibility and a willingness and ability to deal with multiple tasks and priorities.
- Interest and knowledge of the UK culture and politics would be an advantage.
- Knowledge in image and video edition is desirable, but not essential.
- High interest in the Brazilian political scenario.