View Vacancy - Customer Service Manager- UKVI
The British Embassy, Riyadh has a vacancy for a Customer Services Manager, Grade B3 (L) position.
UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) is responsible for making millions of decisions every year about who has the right to enter the UK, with a firm emphasis on national security, but also on customer service and satisfaction. We support and promote visits to the UK from genuine visitors, and business visitors from the region represent significant inward investment to the UK and support the work done by our Partners Across Government, such as UK Trade and Investment and Visit Britain.
Purpose of Job:
Given the diverse nature of businesses and travel trade operators in the region, and the new business partnership services UKVI are looking to offer, the successful candidate will be required to implement and maintain a large network of partners in various sectors, and oversee delivery of services to this network.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead on the development and implementation of preferred partnerships and a business network of key stakeholders in collaboration with partners across government.
- Function as a first point of contact for customers within preferred partnerships and network programmes.
- Liaise with stakeholders on a regular basis to determine needs and potential service gaps, and manage stakeholder/partnership application process. Maintain a current database of partners.
- Prepare and deliver information to external partners and customers through presentations or printed media in conjunction with the Communications Manager.
- Provide on-demand mobile biometrics in conjunction with our commercial partners, and bespoke visa advice to customers using platinum tier services.
- Work with our commercial partners to help develop additional services where gaps in service provision are identified.
- Review new partner applications and approve new members. Carry out dip sampling work on existing members to ensure compliance with terms and conditions.
- Managing a Quality Service: Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Collaborating and Partnering: It requires working collaboratively, sharing information and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
- Leading and Communicating: To encourage open communication and provide clear direction on what needs to be achieved and how to get there through visible leadership.
- Delivering value for money- means seeking out and implementing solutions which achieve the best mix of quality and effectiveness for the least outlay.
- Changing and Improving- this is about creating and contributing to a culture of innovation and allowing people to consider and take managed risks.
- Delivering at Pace: Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to establish and maintain a network of business relationships.
- Must be security cleared to Official Sensitive or be willing to undertake vetting to obtain this security clearance.
- High-level organisational and coordination skills, including the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, proactively identify and resolve potential problems.
- Must have experience as an Entry Clearance Officer or a similar immigration role.
- Previous experience in client/customer relations, and maintaining and supporting a network of contacts.
- Arabic Speaker an advantage.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The starting salary will be SAR 9,953.12 per month inclusive of the Eid Bonus and the 25% housing allowance. An additional travel allowance of SAR 400 per month will also be payable.
Normal working hours for the Embassy are 08.00 to 15.00 Sunday to Thursday. This position is full-time, based on 35 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90 day probationary period. Must be willing to travel regularly and at short notice if required.
The position is only available to holders of Saudi residence permits or transferable Iqamas, and the successful candidate will be required to transfer their sponsorship to us. This position is only available to those persons to whom a security clearance can be granted (UK, US, Australian, Canadian or New Zealand nationals).
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online:
- A covering letter.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
The closing date for applications is 18 July 2017.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Potential candidates will be invited to take a short assessment; those who pass the assessment will be invited for an interview.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
The British Embassy in Riyadh is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Saudi Arabian employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.