View Vacancy - Administrative Assistant/Driver, A1 Warsaw (POL305)
The British Embassy in Warsaw is recruiting a full-time grade A1 to provide administrative support to the Defence Section and be the official Driver to the Defence Attaché.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process Diplomatic Clearances, Air, sea and land and general administrative support to the Defence Section;
- Process Veteran Medal applications and correspondence;
- Driving Duties for the Defence Attaché;
- Communicate both in English and Polish to Defence Attaché and Assistant Defence Attaché.
- Minimum of secondary education required;
- Clean Polish driving license;
- Experience of driving duties and vehicle maintenance is needed;
- Good command of English and Polish;
- Good IT skills (MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
- Attention to detail;
- Able to priortise the workload;
- Ability to work out of hours when required;
- Flexibility to be able to complete short notice tasks and requirements;
- Be available to travel troughout Poland when required.
Required key FCO Competences
- Collaborating and Partnering: effectiveness in this area requires working collaboratively, sharing information appropriately and building supportive, trusting and professional relationships with colleagues and a wide range of people inside and outside the Civil Service, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions;
- Delivering at Pace: effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering performance with pace and taking responsibility for outcomes. It’s about working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way;
Leading and Communicating: At all levels, effectiveness in this area is about showing our pride and passion for public service, leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction, integrity and enthusiasm.
Making Effective Decisions: Effectiveness in this area is about using sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to arrive at accurate, expert and professional decisions and advice. For all staff, it’s about being careful and thoughtful about the use and protection of government and public information to ensure it is handled securely and with care.
- Have a driving license for more than 10 years;
Working within an international environment.
This is a full-time position of 5 days (37.5 net per week) for a two year fixed-term contract which may be extended by mutual agreement.
The gross salary for this position is PLN 4772 gross per month.
Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by the local law.
Working hours are flexible and staff are entitled to time-off-in-lieu for agreed extra hours worked. The annual leave entitlement is 20 or 26 days per year pro rata and the Embassy also enjoys a maximum of 14 Polish / UK public holidays per year.
Candidates must have pre-existing right to live and work in Poland for the duration of the job offer in order to apply. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Warsaw are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to Polish employment law.
Please be aware that the Embassy will not be able to cover any costs connected with interviews and relocation. The successful candidate will be subject to the Polish background check (KRK) and satisfactory completion of a probationary period of three months. Candidates must have pre-existing work authorisation for Poland in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are employed according to the Polish labour law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.