View Vacancy - Maintenance/Service Engineer- Air Conditioning and Ventilation
The British Embassy, Riyadh has vacancy for a Maintenance/Service Engineer- Air Conditioning and Ventilation, Grade A1 (L) position.
This is a field based role consisting mainly of undertaking routine maintenance on various types of HVAC equipment, where the candidate would benefit from a useful understanding of air conditioning equipment from Split type to VRF, Small Chillers, Air Handling Units, these being primarily being the equipment you would be expected to maintain. There would also be some small installation work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation of domestic A/C split units.
- Carrying out routine maintenance, and fault diagnosis and repair of various types of air conditioning equipment.
- Managing a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about being organized to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Making Effective Decisions: Effectiveness in this area is about maximising return while minimising risk and balancing social, political, financial, economic and environmental considerations to provide sustainable outcomes.
- Delivering value for money- It means seeking out and implementing solutions which achieve the best mix of quality and effectiveness for the least outlay.
- Collaborating and Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
Please provide examples of performance in each competency on the summary section of the application form.
- Holder of a recognised trade qualification in A/C installation and servicing.
- Fault finding and breakdown experience.
- Safe Handling of Refrigerants or F-Gas (City & Guilds 2079 F Gas Category 1).
- Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic language.
- Proven customer service and communication skills.
- Holds a full KSA drivers licence.
- IT literate. (MS word Excel, Outlook)
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The starting salary will be SAR 7,502.08 per month inclusive of the Eid Bonus and the 25% housing allowance. An additional travel allowance of SAR 400 per month will also be payable.
Normal working hours for the Embassy are 08.00 to 15.00 Sunday to Thursday. This position is full-time, based on 48 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90 day probationary period.
The position is only available to holders of Saudi residence permits or transferable Iqamas, and the successful candidate will be required to transfer their sponsorship to us.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online:
- A covering letter.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
The closing date for applications is 19 July 2017.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Potential candidates will be invited to take a short assessment; those who pass the assessment will be invited for an interview.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
The British Embassy in Riyadh is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Saudi Arabian employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.