View Vacancy - Entry Clearance Assistant, UKVI, Accra (11/17)
Main purpose of job:
The British High Commission is looking for 2 Entry Clearance Assistant to work in the Visa Section. The successful candidate will undertake a variety of tasks to support visa operations.
Roles and responsibilities:
We are looking for someone with good oral and written communication skills. In particular, the successful candidate should be able to work quickly and accurately, often under pressure, have a positive approach to tackling problems and a willingness to take on new tasks. The most important qualities required are diligence, resilience, self motivation, a flexible approach and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Undertaking a variety of administrative tasks to support delivery of remote printing processes for decisions made in Sheffield.
- Oversight of daily deliveries and dispatch of application dockets and decisions with the commercial partner; checking manifests and applications and ensuring that TEEs and bags are securely sealed.
- Photocopying and management of the registries; including weeding and destruction of files in accordance with destruction guidelines and under the direction of the entry clearance manager.
- Contacting customers as directed by the entry clearance officer/manager.
- Managing the returned passport process in accordance with current guidance.
- Must be IT literate in terms of using computers for emails on a daily basis. To be able to communicate fluently in both written and verbal English.
- Previous experience of working within a visa section or other office environment, and familiarity with software packages (notably MS Word, Excel and straightforward databases) is desirable.
Please complete the application form in full. Failure to do so may result in a determination that you do not meet the requirements for the position.
Successful candidate will be required to start as soon as possible.
Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Accra are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Ghana.
All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
Successful candidates not resident in Ghana will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
The British High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.