View Vacancy - INTERNAL VACANCY: Counter Terrorism Hub Administrative Assistant
The British Embassy in Tunis is looking to recruit a Counter Terrorism (CT) Hub Administrative Officer, Grade A2 (L).
To engage stakeholders in support of the CT project manager, deputising where necessary; and to provide financial and administrative support to the Project Manager and wider team at the British Embassy in Tunis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the project manager in engaging with external stakeholders on Protect and Prepare activity;
- Deputising for the project manager when necessary;
- Delivering administrative support to project manager and wider CT team, especially on managing budgets and finances;
- Processing project payments using the Embassy accounting system;
- Managing day-to-day business, including setting up meetings and co-ordinating visits;
- Arranging travel, including hotel and flight bookings, visa applications, and co-ordinating trips;
- Diary management and forward programme planning;
- Formatting drafts and copying and electronic registering of all documents;
- Drafting, typing and translating correspondence in 1. English and 2. Arabic or French;
- Maintaining a contacts database;
- Supporting the completion of other administrative activities.
- Delivering at Pace: Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Managing a Quality Service: Effectiveness in this area is about valuing and modelling professional excellence and expertise to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Collaborating & Partnering: People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Engaging Internationally: Effectiveness in this area is about leading internationally, engaging our staff, contacts and international partners to help deliver UK Government objectives.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in administrative or secretarial activities in an international environment;
- Ability to work comfortably in 1. English and 2. Arabic or French;
- Flexible and able to work under pressure;
- Good communication and PR skills;
- Experience of working with budgets and finances;
- Strong administrative and IT skills.
- Experience in a Diplomatic Environment
Working Hours and Remuneration:
Conditioned working hours are 40 hours gross per week. Standard working hours are from 08:00 am to 16:30 pm from Monday to Thursday. 08:00 – 13:00 on Fridays.
The British Embassy in Tunisia offers an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role. Initial salary will be TND 2,000 per month while on probation. Salary after probation is TND 2,306.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90 day probationary period.
Candidate must be eligible to work and reside in Tunisia immediately.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
- A covering letter.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
The closing date for applications is 18 July2017.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Interviews will be held at the British Embassy Office and we will only contact those who will be selected for interview.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks.
The British Embassy in Tunis is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.