View Vacancy - Office and Events Manager for the Scottish Government Office (DEU22.354)
The British Government in Germany is based at the British Embassy in Berlin and our consulates in Dusseldorf and Munich. We are part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. Currently, we are looking for an Office and Events Manager for the Scottish Government Office.
The Scottish Government Office in Berlin is part of a network of Scottish Government offices overseas, the aims of which are to build Scotland’s reputation abroad, promote innovation and investment, and strengthen economic, academic, cultural and social ties between Scotland and Germany.
This role is for a maternity cover for a fixed term of two years. Working as part of a small, friendly team in a busy office, the post holder will manage the day-to-day operations of the office and provide logistical support in coordinating and delivering ministerial visit programmes and the office’s varied annual programme of cultural events. The post holder will manage the office accounts, maintain financial records and carry out monthly budget monitoring and profiling in accordance with Scottish Government financial reporting requirements. The post-holder will also be required to provide translations of texts from English into German, including speeches, presentations, social media, marketing and communications materials.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Process requests from German and Scottish organisations;
- Answer telephone and email enquiries from German and Scottish partners;
- Translate written material from English into German, including social media, marketing and communications;
- Assist in maintaining and developing host nation relationships and partnerships in support of Scottish Government priorities for engagement, in particular in the areas of Higher Education, Research and Culture;
- Manage office systems;
- Writing short summaries and reports on current events in Germany ad Scotland;
- Carry out general financial administration, including procurement and paying invoices;
- Attend meetings on behalf of the team;
- Organise conferences, visits and events.
- Proficient in English and German (both written and spoken, minimum of C2 level according to the CEFR framework*);
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a small team;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (English and German), and the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships across a variety of internal and external partners and stakeholders;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload effectively.
- Experience of developing international partnerships;
- Experience of arranging conferences and events and managing international delegations.
This is a full-time fixed-term position for a contract period of two years, to cover for a maternity leave. The gross yearly salary is €45,564 gross per annum rising to €51,182 gross per annum after a qualifying period in addition to performance related pay. (Salary is not negotiable).
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation in Germany in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local German employment law.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Germany and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Our Learning & Development environment:
The British Embassy has a strong ethos of Learning & Development, including our Learning & Development Week. In addition, there will be many opportunities to attend external seminars and events on relevant issues. This is in addition to the induction programme offered to all staff.
The successful applicant will be encouraged to be actively involved in the corporate life of the British Embassy, contributing to the wider objectives of the British Government’s Germany network and supporting the British Embassy’s positive working environment.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C2 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.