View Vacancy - SRR - Estates Supervisor (AO)
The British Embassy Riyadh has a vacancy for an Estates Supervisor for a fixed-term contract for two (2) years.
The Estates Supervisor (ES) will assist the Estates Manager (EM) and Community Liaison Officer (CLO) with daily tasks of running a diverse portfolio of UK-based (UKB) staff accommodation as well as assisting on the arrival/ departure of officers and preparing their floats.
The jobholder will be responsible for overseeing a team of individuals and making sure all tasks are completed to the highest standards. The ES will report to the EM and will be part of the Corporate Services team.
The ES will also work closely with various Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and One HMG teams on upcoming Estates-related projects. They will also be expected to complete monthly inspections of smoke alarms, first aid kits, and fire extinguishers.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Accommodation services (75%)
- Assisting the EM in administration of sourcing/ recommending properties for new UK-based positions according to the Post Housing Policy and FCDO guidance;
- Supervise and ensure all new-leased properties are furnished (hard & soft furnishings) according to FCDO standards. Co-ordinating with the CLO to ensure float items are in a property and ensuring a property is ready for occupation for new arrivals;
- Responsible for overseeing the up-keep and maintenance of all furniture provisions (office and residential).
- Collaborating and liaising with contractors managing Embassy furniture provisions;
- Liaising with third party suppliers and contractors;
- Supervision and booking of all temporary and transit accommodation for new arrivals, temporary duty staff, and estate visitors;
- Responsible for building and maintaining a strong relationship to help secure corporate rates with hotels;
- Raising requisitions, receipting goods that comply with FCDO procurement rules and policy;
- Ensure weekly and monthly statistics are compiled accurately for various Management Information (MI), including KPIs, etc.;
- Supervise and conduct efficient Move in/Move out process;
- Supervise efficient Inventory process;
- Responsible for meeting FCDO health and safety (H&S) requirements;
- Overseeing departing and arriving officer float distribution and collection;
- Supervising the team to make sure the embassy is kept to H&S standards and identifying areas for improvement;
- Keep an up to date record of all inspections and tests of all equipment, alarms, and H&S aspects with in the Embassy;
- Supervise and assist the Technical Works Group (TWG) with PAT testing of all Embassy-supplied white goods to villas;
- Overseeing the upkeep of all estate storerooms, the inventory and tidiness of each room.
- Community liaison support (25%)
- Gather and disseminate key information for UKB officers and spouses;
- Support new UKB Staff arrivals at Post.
The above list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required, including participating in the Embassy’s emergency planning and any other response to a crisis affecting UK citizens.
Key behaviours required:
- Communicating and Influencing - Communicate purpose and direction with clarity, integrity and enthusiasm. Respect the needs, responses and opinions of others.
- Working Together - Forming effective partnerships and relationships with people both internally and externally, from a range of diverse backgrounds; sharing information, resources, and support.
- Developing Self and Others - Focus on continuous learning and development for self, others and the organisation as a whole.
- Managing a Quality Service - Delivering service objectives with professional excellence, expertise and efficiency, taking account of diverse customer needs.
- Delivering at Pace - Taking responsibility for delivering timely and quality results with focus and drive.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong and empathetic customer focus and the ability to respond to a range of customers’ needs. Demonstrates courtesy and consideration in dealing with stakeholders across all levels.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. Able to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely.
- Exceptional planning, organisational skills and keen attention to detail. Ability to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of the work.
- Ability to think logically/ laterally and be able to display sound judgement and common sense.
- Ability to hold sensitive and confidential information.
- Proven ability to engage and influence at all levels internally and with external contacts, and collaborate effectively across teams. Demonstrates excellent staff management skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to manage, plan, and prioritise tasks and workload and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Flexible, resilient under pressure, and decisive, with a proven track record of delivering results regularly within tight deadlines.
- Very good level of IT skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Familiarity with UK fire safety and health and safety laws.
- Experience working in an international organisation or large company in a similar capacity.
- Experience of working for the UK Government.
- Experience of overseas postings.
- Background in counselling or similar supportive role would be helpful.
- Finance/ budget management experience
- Arabic and/ or Urdu language skills.
The position is available to Saudi Nationals and to current holders of valid Saudi residence permits or transferable iqamas. The successful candidate will be required to transfer their sponsorship to the British Embassy.
Working hours and remuneration:
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role.
- Base Salary including Eid bonus - SAR 5,775.06
- Housing Allowance - SAR 1,443.77 (subject to eligibility)*
- Travel Allowance - SAR 400 (subject to eligibility)*
- Total - SAR 7,618.83
*Allowances are not payable to staff who receive official provision for such expenditure in some other form.
No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
This position is full-time, based on 35 hours per week. Normal working hours for the Embassy are from 08:00 to 15:00 from Sunday to Thursday, with core working hours from 10:00-15:00. Core working hours is the period of the day that employees are required to be at work. The working day outside of the core hours is a flexible period, which allows employees to choose when they work, subject to operational needs.
The jobholder will be required to be flexible in their approach to hours worked as these will be dictated by operational needs and may involve working out of hours (evening/ weekend). Flexible working arrangements will be considered based on operational requirements and upon agreement with the Line Manager and in line with the Embassy’s policies.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90-day probationary period.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and 2) a covering letter/ motivation essay stating how you meet the requirements of the role, and 3) examples, in the relevant sections of the online application form, of how you meet the key behaviours required.
Applications that do not include these information will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is at 23:55 KSA local time on 15 August 2022.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step in the recruitment process will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
The British Embassy Riyadh is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Saudi Arabia employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.