View Vacancy - Administrative Support Officer, UKMIS Vienna (AUT22.204)
The British Embassy in Vienna is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit an Administrative Support Officer for the UK Permanent Mission to the United Nations (UKMIS) in Vienna.
This part-time administrative position (3.5hrs per day, mornings) is an entry level position. You will work in the UN team which is responsible for promoting UK values and policies at the UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), UN Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) and at other international organisations in Vienna.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the UN Team at UKMIS, collaborating closely with each member of the team. This position fills a crucial administrative role in supporting and organising the UK’s representation to the UN in Vienna.
The focus of the role will be to provide a range of support functions and act as a key contact point and hub of information for colleagues in the UN Team. The successful candidate will represent the UK in official communications to the UN and to other Permanent Missions.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting the UK Mission through the arrangement of meetings, coordinating car bookings and travel arrangements, liaising with contacts in the UN and beyond.
- Managing official UKMIS communications through the team inbox, including transmitting relevant information to UN Team members and relevant Government leads, responding to enquiries from external and internal contacts and organising and drafting communications on behalf of the UN Team.
- Making arrangements for visit programmes, including organising meetings and travel.
- Manage the organisation of the UK’s participation in various UN conferences throughout the year, including arranging passes, logistics, communicating delegation lists to the UN through Note Verbales, arranging meeting rooms, catering, temporary office space, organising schedules, arranging bilateral and other meetings, distributing logistical information to the delegations.
- As above for UK participation in other UN events throughout the year, including ministerial, official, technical and consultative meetings.
- Working with policy leads to ensure that the right information is circulated with the team, including notes of meetings and deadlines.
- Office administration including: filing, distribution of electronic and paper documents and correspondence; ordering of stationery.
- Other duties as required.
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience in an office environment.
- Initiative, flexibility and team work.
- Effective time management and ability to respond to changing priorities and tight deadlines with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain work contacts both internally and externally.
- Well organised, diligent, flexible, coordination skills, able to deliver on time.
- IT skills, including Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel.
- Good research skills, plus the ability to write fluent and concise communications in English.
This is a country based staff position in the UK Mission to the United Nations in Vienna; it is not a diplomatic designated position. The position is subject to the terms and conditions of British Embassy employees.
This is a part-time (17.5 hours per week) permanent contract. Working hours are 5 days a week preferably in the mornings and staff are entitled to time-off-in-lieu for extra hours worked. On occasion there may be support needed for events in the evening. The annual leave entitlement is 25 days per year pro rata and the Embassy also enjoys 14 Austrian / UK public holidays per year and we are committed to ensuring a work / life balance.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are legally able to work in Austria. The Embassy is not able to assist with any visa or sponsorship arrangements.
The monthly salary will be € 1,597 gross, payable 14 times a year. Please note that UK nationals will receive their salary net, minus the deduction of an equivalent level of Austrian (UK) tax retained at source. Further information on this will be given to candidates during the recruitment process. All other nationals will receive paid their salary minus social insurance deductions and are expected to comply with Austrian tax obligations through completion of a tax return to the Austrian authorities.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions service according to Austrian employment law.
Visa / Passport requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Austria and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Additional requirements may become necessary pending EU Exit. If requirements change additional eligibility information will be shared during the recruitment process.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
*Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.