View Vacancy - Maintenance Officer (DNK20.377)
Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption.
The British Embassy in Copenhagen is part of a worldwide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Maintenance Officer.
Reporting directly to the Estates Officer, your role is focused on support for the Embassy’s Estates work. You will be responsible to assist in routine maintenance, repairs and minor project works; ensuring that all facilities/assets: Offices, Residential Accommodation, Amenities and Grounds are operated and maintained in accordance with UK Health and Safety Standards, whilst working with all internal stakeholders and external contractors as necessary. The candidate will be expected to have a good working knowledge and experience of electrical, plumbing and decoration work and be a team-player, as well as able to work on their own initiative.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Carry out routine maintenance tasks including repairs, re-painting, decorating, basic electrical and plumbing; furniture removal; meeting room set-up; maintaining office equipment; driving duties to procure items from local suppliers; clearing snow and leaves from compounds; some cleaning duties as allocated by the Estates Officer;
- Completing Health and Safety checks and procedures. Work with existing Embassy systems e.g. databases and spreadsheets and implement work according to agreed standards and procedures;
- Back-up driver to the Ambassador.
- Good level of English and Danish, both oral and written;
- Experience as a handyperson or in building maintenance or a trade skill;
- Full driving license with a clean record;
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with competing priorities;
- Good IT skills including the full Microsoft Office Suite and relevant software.
- Trade qualification (i.e. electrician, plumber etc).
This is a full-time permanent position and working hours are 35h net per week.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorization for Denmark in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Copenhagen are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Danish employment law.
Visa / Passport Requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Denmark and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Additional requirements may become necessary after 31st December 2020.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCDO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCDO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
Additional Information (due to Covid-19):
You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
This opportunity is closed to applications.