View Vacancy - Marketing Campaign Manager
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is seeking a creative, flexible, resilient individual with a proven ability to cope under pressure for this demanding, but exciting role. The Marketing Campaign Manager will join the marketing team in New York and work with DIT colleagues across N America.
As part of the DIT North America Marketing team, this position will be responsible for strategy and delivery of marketing to a business-to-business audience across three sectors (Life Sciences, Retail and Financial & Professional Business Services) supporting both trade and investment. In addition the candidate will lead on specific elements of the GREAT Britain campaign which encourages the world to visit, study, invest in and do business with the UK. The Campaign Manager is one of three and will report to the Head of Marketing (Americas) also based in New York.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop marketing strategies, manage, and execute US campaigns working collaboratively with colleagues predominantly in the UK and N America on content creation, digital, social and traditional media outreach for a B2B audience. Ensure excellent internal communications. Candidate will lead on marketing for campaigns in the Life Sciences, Financial & Professional Business Services and Retail sectors.
• Build marketing campaigns from agreed DIT strategies working with partners and agencies identifying opportunities to reach business audience, plan and coordinate use of GREAT campaign assets with network.
• Ensure the brand is used appropriately and that projects adhere to governance and reporting requirements and represent value for money with “flawless execution”. Identify and mitigate risks.
• Manage budgets for projects by working in close co-ordination with GREAT campaign and network colleagues to provide regular and accurate financial information.
• As a key member of the DIT N America team the candidate will be expected to contribute to corporate and ad hoc duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing and communications, government relations, or a similar field
• Minimum of four years in a marketing and communications role. Proven experience in at least two areas of marketing - brand management, activations, digital or communications campaigns for a B2B audience.
• Excellent team-working and interpersonal skills, including experience of working with senior level officials and executives
• Ability to communicate quickly, thoroughly, and effectively with remote stakeholders.
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate a proven ability in project management and have strong communication skills as well as proven track record working with multiple stakeholders and partners. He/she will be comfortable managing resources and following complex processes and procedures and have a keen eye for detail.
Under US State Department requirements, the Embassy Network may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders or A or NATO visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A or NATO visa you are not currently eligible to work at the Embassy. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.gov.uk/government/world/usa. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
*A visas or NATO visas with EAD cards are acceptable at the Embassy, Consulates, and British Defence Staff (BDS) outposts. The UK Mission to the UN (UKMIS) accepts G visas.
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, long term and short term disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, generous vacation and leave time, and an enriching training package.
Individuals who are Green Card holders, UK/US dual citizens, and non US taxpaying citizens will be paid a net salary based on a simulated US tax status.
Resume and a cover letter should be submitted by 09 August 2017. Applications received after the deadline will be considered on a rolling basis as required. Please identify in your cover letter whether you are currently eligible to work at the Embassy. Internal candidates must inform the Head of Group before applying.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local American employment law.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation or other category protected by law
This opportunity is closed to applications.