View Vacancy - Office Administrator
This role is designed to provide overall administrative support to the Scottish Affairs Counsellor and the Scottish Government office as a whole. The position will assist the team in fostering and developing Scotland’s international relations in the US and Canada.
*This is currently a part-time position with the potential to become full-time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide executive support to the Scottish Affairs Counsellor by handling all correspondence, monitoring and managing emails/calendars, scheduling appointments, booking travel arrangements, organizing meetings (including transatlantic video and teleconferences), and maintaining files and expenses
• Provide advice on, plan and oversee the Counsellors social engagement programme
• Act as the principal point of contact for routine (Scotland-based) corporate functions including procurement and IT
• Assist in managing office’s overall budget and finance
• Oversee office’s social media channels; liaise with the international marketing team and Scottish Government colleagues to design and deliver social media plans
• Undertake ad hoc tasks as required to ensure delivery of key objectives
• Act as the liaison point between the SAO and its “Team Scotland” partners in the region.
- Experience with social media platforms
- Good time management
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Competent in working with Microsoft Office packages and internet applications
- A connection with or interest in Scotland
- Experience in financial management and/or systems
The British Embassy offers a strong benefits package. This package includes generous leave entitlement and training opportunities.
Under US State Department requirements, the Embassy may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders or A or NATO visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A or NATO visa you are not currently eligible to work at the Embassy. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.gov.uk/government/world/usa. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
Resume and cover letter should be submitted by 09 August 2017. Internal candidates must inform their supervisor if they intend on applying.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and to creating a diverse working environment, free from discrimination, where everyone is included and treated fairly, based on merit alone. We are an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other criterion protected by law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.