View Vacancy - Principal Trade Adviser - Maternity Cover (RUS18.016)
The British Embassy in Moscow is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Principal Trade Adviser.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is the United Kingdom Government’s international business development agency helping UK-based companies to succeed in the global economy. Its range of expert services is tailored to the needs of individual businesses to maximise their international success. It provides companies with knowledge, advice and practical support. DIT has identified Russia as a key market and they will oversee the delivery of challenging targets to increase bilateral trade and investment.
DIT is recruiting for a locally engaged Team Leader, who will be based in Moscow, working collaboratively with colleagues in St Petersburg and Yekaterinburg.
The main purpose of this role will be to support the UK based management team in assisting UK companies to make full use of the business opportunities emerging in the Russian Federation and to deliver significant business outcomes. The successful applicant will be a key account manager for UK and Russian companies, managing a team of four individuals, leading on sectors including luxury consumer goods, food & drink, IT and fintech . As part of their work, they will be expected to achieve results within budget, meeting DIT’s corporate standards for quality of service and also business impact. They will have responsibility for DIT Russia events in the Embassy and Ambassador’s Residence, managing the relationship with the Residence staff and securing sponsorship as required. They will be responsible for communications, ensuring that the DIT team use all available tools to communicate messages about the Russian market to UK exporters as well as UK strengths to the Russian audience.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist UK companies in developing their activities in the Russian market by effectively and proactively developing appropriate networks and relationships with DIT London, Russian and EU business/trade associations and the private sector;
- Responsibility for team delivery against agreed targets in accordance with the business plan including service Export Opportunities, Export Wins, OMIS (Overseas Market Introduction Service) revenue, and case studies / success stories published;
- Responsibility for event management for DIT Russia, including sponsorship;
- Responsibility for team’s communications work, including speech writing, briefing and social media;
- Cover for the Director and Deputy Director as required, including support on Business Planning and budget supervision;
- Line Management and countersigning for 4 Trade Advisers (B3L and A2L).
- Fluent in English and Russian to at least C1 level in both;
- A proven record of engaging customers, stakeholders and partners;
- Line management skills;
- Clear and concise report writing.
This is a full-time temporary position for the period of a maternity cover, for 5 working days, 35 hours net per week.
The monthly salary for this position is Rub 122,161 gross, C4 (L) level, paid 13 times a year.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Russia. The British Embassy does not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Russia is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Russian employment law.
We also offer:
- An interesting and varied job in an open, modern management culture;
- Performance related pay scheme;
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities;
- Excellent working environment in central location with on-site facilities including cafeteria, bar, gym, tennis court, squash court and swimming pool;
- Private medical cover including dentistry.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancellation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.