View Vacancy - Document Verification Assistant, UKVI - Colombo
Length of Contract - 2 Years
Main purpose of job:
As an integral part of the UK Visas and Immigration overseas arm, the Document Verification Assistant (DVA) will provide enrichment support to the Entry Clearance operation in order to achieve Internal targets. The DVA will ensure personal targets are met on a daily basis and enhance delivery through self-development and sharing best practice. The DVA will be required to assist in the Colombo end of UKVI’s enrichment operation and thereby ensure that proper checks are done on applications, applicants and documentation, to ensure that control of the UK border is maintained.
You will be responsible for reacting to requests from the UKVI team in Chennai to check varying aspects of UK entry clearance applications from Sri Lankan nationals. These can range from checks on the veracity of documentation with local Sri Lanakan authorities, from personal visits to local organisations and businesses to establish the bona fides of applicants. To meet demanding customer service targets, these checks will have to be done to strict deadlines and it will be your responsibility to make sure these deadline are met and the checks carried out are done professionally and with integrity.
More specifically you will be expected to:
- Working in accordance with the UKVI Operating Mandate ensuring the right checks are done on every application every time so that all relevant information is available to ECOs when an application is assessed;
- Completing enrichment checks carefully, ensuring that results are accurately recorded
- Giving assistance during visa interviews, providing interpretation where necessary
- Aim to identify trends in forged documents geographically and thematically.
- Prioritise and allocate work your work on a daily basis.
- Draft Document Verification Reports as and when required.
- Check all correspondence routed to the Enrichment Team mailbox and taking appropriate action.
- Liaise regularly with your opposite number in Chennai and your line manager on all aspects of your daily work.
- Essential on arrival: Good communicators with the working knowledge of local languages.
- Display strong administrative skills with good working knowledge of Windows and MS Office applications, especially MS Outlook, Word & Excel.
Language: English, Sinhala and Tamil
Level of language required: Extensive
For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
The salary will be LKR 65079 paid monthly in arrears x 13 times a year.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management and appraisal system linked to an annual performance bonus. We offer a generous annual leave allowance, paid sick leave provision, good development opportunities and an organisational culture of respect and equality.
Please note that applications without (a), (b) and (c) will NOT be considered:
(a) Complete the Online Application Form
(b) Attach a detailed CV
(c) Complete the motivation segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) else the application will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications. Please apply by 24th February 2018 midnight.
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be successful.
- No telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to police verification and other reference checks.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.