View Vacancy - Finance Officer (Ref. CVP18.058)
The British High Commission in Cyprus is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and would like to recruit a Finance Officer based in Nicosia.
The main purposes of the job will be to provide Financial support to Post, Head of Corporate Services and Senior Financial Officer (High Commissioner), including budget forecasting, overseeing day-to-day running of Post Account, preparing monthly Local Staff pay-roll, and liaising with Financial and Procurement Hubs in Vilnius and local Social Insurance, Tax and VAT offices.
This is a demanding “all-rounder” financial position that requires someone with previous accounting experience. You must be a self-starter with good numerical, analytical, typing, computer, communication and organisational skills, who can multi-task, deliver results and work with a wide range of stakeholders.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Managing the day to day financial processing of invoices including the completion of VAT exemption forms.
- Preparing and distributing monthly Pay-roll including Social Insurance and local Tax liabilities and Provident Fund contributions.
- Maintain electronic monitoring system of the High Commission Local Budget, including budget forecasting and expenditure by currencies. Running monthly reports.
- Provide all round support to Head of Corporate Services and the High Commissioner (Senior Financial Officer) as required.
- Prepare Letters of Appointment and Social Insurance/Income Tax related documents.
- Maintain all financial related documents.
- Collect and distribute mail and documents.
- Numerate and proficient in IT including: Microsoft Word (essential), Excel (essential) and Access Database (desirable).
- Excellent inter-personal skills. Able to work with a diverse range of service providers.
- Strong organisational skills, managing financial information flow, where necessary achieving a sensible balance between competing priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure, often unsupervised, and as part of a team.
- Capacity to deal patiently and effectively in a wide range of situations, including dealing with the public, knowing when to take decisions yourself and when to seek guidance.
- Fluent English and Greek (written and spoken) and good telephone manner.
- A degree level qualification in a relevant field (Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business), or recent experience would be advantageous.
- Must be eligible and be prepared to work both sides of the “Green Line”.
- Some proficiency in Turkish would be advantageous.
- Previous work experience in a financial or an accounting role.
This is a permanent, full- time position of 36.25 hours per week. Monday to Friday, from 7:30 to 14:45.
The monthly salary for this position is €1,720.99 (Gross) paid 13 times at A2 (L) grade level.
The confirmation of appointment is subject to professional background checks and security clearance procedures, as well as the successful completion of a 6 month probation period.
The successful candidate must be free of any convictions, and undergo a UK security clearance process.
All applicants should include on their application, information on all nationalities held and current residence status in Cyprus. Applications that do not include the above details will not be considered.
Staff recruited locally by the British High Commission in Nicosia is subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Republic of Cyprus employment law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Cyprus and be prepared to engage bicommunal, where necessary. The British High Commission does not sponsor work/ residency permits.
The British High Commission is an equal opportunities employer with family friendly policies, committed to supporting the personal development of all its staff. We welcome applications from suitably qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British High Commission will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.