View Vacancy - MNL - Regional Finance Assistant, A2 (Internal Vacancy)
Main purpose of job:
To support the operational delivery of the payments processing service to Posts in Asia Pacific, MENAD, EECAD, SAAD and Africa providing supplier and purchasing services to 141 posts, overseeing the accurate and timely processing of purchase orders and the setup of suppliers.
Provide a quality check function for the team, supporting a culture of continuous improvement to not only meet, but exceed the service standards set by the Service Level Agreement while working to improve financial compliance across the FCO.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Process all SMPO transactions in your areas within Service levels agreements.
- Complete workload as identified in Workload plan including Supplier set ups, Distribution Set ups, Bank Clean ups and purchase order creation.
- Review all relevant trackers to take action as necessary.
- Comply with financial guidance in particular P2P handbook, Challenge and Escalation procedures and audit recommendations.
- Support Manager to assist with daily workload of team addressing bottlenecks and ensuring payments are processed within SLAs.
- Monitor and ensure compliance to standard processes ensuring that any deviations from process are appropriately escalated and monitored to reduce risk.
- Manage all data according to Information Management guidance ensuring it is stored correctly, weeded regularly and shared according to personal data management controls.
- Escalate unresolved issues to Line Manager and perform other duties as requested by the Line Manager.
- Quality check all relevant trackers to ensure the team are actioning them daily. Raising directly with team member if action hasn’t been taken.
- Support the Head of Team with monthly sense checks and accuracy report taking action to review and correct any inaccuracy.
- Quality check bank platform to ensure that all items entered on Prism match all entries on banking platforms.
- Provide quality check for supplier banking entries ensuring that controls are followed in relation to handling of banking tokens and bank account information.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement assisting with process improvement projects as necessary
- Ensure staff are managed according to Performance Management guidance with monthly one-on-ones, SMART objectives, timely MTRS and appraisals and complete at least 5 days development a year.
- Provide support and training to line managee ensuring they are familiar and understanding all necessary processes.
- Act as 1st stage escalation for any customer issues resolving and investigating queries as necessary.
- Act as first point of contact for the Customer Engagement Team ensuring responses are provided within SLA.
- Respond daily to queries’ logged in internal team trackers.
Learning and Development
- Commit at least 5 days each year for job shadowing, rotations, attending meetings and training
Meeting Service Level Agreement:
1. Focus on delivering 97% and above of POSM/AP/AR SLA/KPIs throughout the year for GTPC.
2. Keep accurate recording of information for robust KPIs.
3. Ensure compliance to policies and proper controls are observed.
4. Support Process Manager in meeting deliverables
Work with Post staff to ensure proper delivery of services by answering queries and providing guidance/instructions to avoid errors in the future.
Identify issues and work to resolve. Escalate to line managers issues that need may affect current operations.
Work with other teams within CSC Manila and contribute to total delivery of services
Coordinate with other functions on changes/issues to ensure seamless flow of data/information
- Diploma/Degree holder
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- Must have 2 years GTPC prior experience
- With data entry and or procurement to pay experience in a fast-paced BPO/shared service environment
- Diploma/Degree holder in Finance or equivalent
- Exposure to financial systems and Microsoft applications such as excel and outlook
- Customer service experience is an advantage
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
Mandatory FCO finance trainings. In-house CSL trainings and opportunity for external training if budget permits
The British Embassy offers a competitive compensation package, 36-hour work week, guaranteed 13th and 14th month pay, 20 days paid annual leave (calculated on a pro-rata basis if the service period is less than one full year), extensive medical insurance, life insurance and access to a guaranteed 5 days of learning opportunities a year.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have work authorisation in the Philippines in order to apply.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Manila are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to the local Philippine employment law.
All applications must be received before 25 February 2018 at 23:55 Manila time.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Interviews for this position will commence during the week of 12 March 2018.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.