View Vacancy - Protocol Officer A2 (07/18 NR)
Main purpose of job:
To provide support to the Head of Protocol in the delivery of an efficient, effective and timely protocol services for BHC staff. Processing official documents, correspondence and liaison with Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Processing of Duty exemptions PRO 1B forms for personal effects and vehicles
- Registration of Private and official vehicle
- Kenya Revenue PIN applications and uploading online
- Briefing new arrivals on Work Injury Benefits Insurance for domestic staff
- Briefing staff on private vehicle insurance and co-ordinating with Insurance companies
- Obtain duty calculations for official and private vehicles for departing officers
- Processing vehicle disposing Form PRO1C and liaising with Customs’ agent
- Updating MFA diplomatic Corp’s directory
- Uploading documents in electronic INDIV files
- Requisitioning on Prism
- Updating Corporate Services Kenquiry through CS Helpdesk
- Leave cover for the Team Leader
- Cover for Protocol Assistant
Other Protocol Team Responsibilities:
- Accreditation of UK Based staff with MFA
- Processing applications for Diplomatic ID cards
- Processing of local driving licenses
- Processing of resident permits
- Processing Work permit Applications
- Processing Airport Passes application
- Processing third country Visa for official travel
- VAT exemption applications
- A University degree
- Experience in Protocol processes through government departments;
- Experience of delivering high quality customer service
- Extensive experience of developing good working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels;
- Excellent IT skills (a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is essential);
- Good communication skills, attention to detail and initiative.
- A flexible approach and good team working skills
Learning and development opportunities :
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of learning and development opportunities including on the job coaching, e-Learning courses and Regional Learning and Development Training.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Nairobi are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Kenya.
- It is essential that the applicants already have the right to live and work in Kenya without the need to apply for a work permit
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
This opportunity is closed to applications.