View Vacancy - KL - Infrastructure, Healthcare and Future Campaigns Manager, C4 (L)
The jobholder will lead a team of two to develop and implement the Malaysian element of the ASEAN Infrastructure Trade Campaign and the Malaysian Healthcare Trade Campaign, delivering high-value export wins for the UK. In addition, he/she will undertake research into sectors offering the potential to become future campaigns for the UK.
- Develop and implement the Malaysian elements of the ASEAN Infrastructure and Healthcare Trade Campaigns, ensuring cost and time effective deployment of budget and staff allocated to the Campaigns, so that they deliver high-value export wins for the UK
- Work collaboratively with the ASEAN Infrastructure and Healthcare Trade Campaign Lead Officers in Singapore and colleagues leading other regional Infrastructure and Healthcare initiatives to ensure DIT Malaysia’s work in the sectors is aligned with theirs and achieves maximum benefit for the UK
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of key players, trends, opportunities and challenges in the Infrastructure and Healthcare sectors in Malaysia, and use this knowledge in one to one meetings, presentations and market research reports, to advise British businesses on how to do business successfully in Malaysia
- Work with colleagues in the wider High Commission to research and identify which sectors in Malaysia could offer future opportunities for British business
- Write briefing and speeches for visiting Ministers and senior officials and organise and manage complex visit programmes
- Good IT skills and proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- The successful candidate must also be able to demonstrate strengths in the following competences:
Achieving commercial outcomes:
- Degree holder, with business-related specialisations an advantage
- Proven business acumen with at least 5 years work experience, preferably in similar/related sectors within Malaysia
Leading and communicating:
- Proven ability to manage and develop staff
- Able to work across cultures and organisations with sensitivity and effectiveness
- Excellent written and spoken English with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
Delivering at pace:
- Taking responsibility to deliver challenging goals and targets
- Ability to plan ahead, reassessing priorities as situations change
Seeing the bigger picture:
- Being alert to emerging issues and trends which might impact or benefit the team’s work
- Developing and driving long term strategy
- Ensuring the team’s activities are fully aligned with DIT business plan priorities
Collaborating and partnering:
- Ability to establish relationships with a wide range of stakeholders to support delivery of business outcomes
- Encouraging collaborative team working within own team and across the wider network
Making effective decisions:
- Ability to identify key information sources, recognise patterns and trends and draw robust conclusions
- Making decisions when needed, even if they prove difficult or unpopular
This position is being advertised on a 3-year fixed term contract with an option to extend for a further 2 years.
The British High Commission offers a competitive remuneration package, benefits, a leave entitlement of 20 days per annum. Specific training and mentoring for the role will be provided for the successful candidate.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks. Staff who are locally recruited by the British High Commission are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have or be able to obtain work authorisation in Kuala Lumpur in order to apply. We're able to provide help in securing necessary work permits / visa to the successful candidate, however, any costs related to obtaining or renewing permits and visas are the responsibility of the successful applicant.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks.
All applications must be received before 23:55 on 28 February 2018.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
Please check your application centre regularly for any update on your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.