View Vacancy - Driver
The British Embassy, Riyadh has vacancy for a Driver, Grade S1 (L) position.
The successful candidate will be part of the transport team, maintaining a high standard of driving and punctuality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work within a team of the Embassy drivers.
- To drive staff to meeting and functions safely and on time.
- To ensure section vehicles are kept in a clean and serviceable condition.
- To be responsible for the safety of the vehicle at all times.
- Collaborating and Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Leading and Communicating – Put forward own views in a clear and constructive manner, choosing the appropriate communication method
- Delivering at Pace - Delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Managing a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about being organized to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- High standard of driving.
- Must have a Saudi driving license.
- Good spoken English.
- Good organisational skills.
- Team player.
- Ability to remain flexible.
- IT Knowledge.
- Previous driving experience in the Kingdom particularly in Riyadh city.
- Previous experience of driving vehicles for an embassy.
- Sound interpersonal skills and effective oral and written ability.
- Ability to speak Arabic.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role including:
- Base Salary including Eid Bonus – SAR. 3,738.05/-
- * Housing Allowance – SAR. 934.51/- (subject to eligibility)*
- * Travel Allowance- SAR. 400/-(subject to eligibility)*
*Allowances are not payable to staff who receive official provision for such expenditure in some other form.
No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Normal working hours for the Embassy are 08.00 to 15.00 Sunday to Thursday. This position is full-time, based on 40 hours per week. However the successful candidates will be required to work outside normal working hours- frequent late/ early starts and be required to work on Friday and Saturday.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90 day probationary period.
The position is only available to holders of Saudi residence permits or transferable Iqamas, and the successful candidate will be required to transfer their sponsorship to us.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online:
- A covering letter.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
The closing date for all applications is 27 February 2018 by 23:55 KSA Time.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Potential candidates will be invited to take a short assessment; those who pass the assessment will be invited for an interview.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
The British Embassy in Riyadh is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Saudi Arabian employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.