View Vacancy - Executive Assistant – Political and Press Team (BEL18.064)
The British Bilateral Embassy in Belgium is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a highly motivated Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the Deputy Head of Mission and Political and Press Team, including the organisation of seminars and events and administration of team budgets. Main responsibilities will include:
Political and Press Team
- To help organise seminars and events on UK-Belgium bilateral issues, including assist on the preparations for a new Belgo-British conference series;
- To help organise regional visits by the Embassy team, providing support to the Bilateral Policy officer;
- To manage the administrative requirements for the team, including arranging meetings, managing team travel and entertainment budgets, profiling and tracking spend, and managing databases;
- To assist when required with the policy research, including press summaries;
- To help manage public enquiries.
PA to Deputy Head of Mission (DHM)
- To provide effective PA and administrative support to the DHM;
- To assist DHM in the administration of the Embassy budget, including profiling of travel and entertainment budgets;
- To organise All Staff meetings and assist DHM on the wider corporate agenda, eg follow-up to Staff Survey results.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written);
- Intermediate French;
- Event management experience;
- Proven/previous administration and office management skills, including demonstrating strong team-work skills;
- Ability to deliver at speed;
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office / Windows 10).
- Fluent French or Dutch language skills;
- Experience in budget management.
This is a permanent full-time contract for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week. Although the appointment is for an indefinite period of time, it is expected that the overall period of service will most probably not exceed two years. This point will be addressed during the recruitment process.
The monthly gross salary for this position is € 3,024.50 A2 (L) level (The British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium salaries are not subject to annual indexation).
Please note that Belgian nationals will be paid their salary gross and are expected to comply with their tax obligations through completion of a tax return to the Belgian authorities. Non-Belgian nationals will receive their salary net, minus the deduction of an equivalent level of Belgian tax retained at source. Further information on this will be given to candidates during the recruitment process.
The successful candidates will be subject to professional background checks and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Belgian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.