View Vacancy - Innovative Transmedia Specialist
Main purpose of job:
The Innovative Transmedia Specialist will drive the development and growth of the British Embassy in Colombia’s digital presence, acting as editor and creator of multiplatform content, and maintaining updated the platforms. The successful candidate will have the drive, creativity and experience to propose new, effective and efficient ways to dynamise the embassy’s digital presence. Reports and works very closely with the Deputy Communications Officer, based on the general communications guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Editorial, content production and design (40%)
- Participate actively in the weekly content planning for digital platforms and offer ideas to improve work and standardize corporate image.
- Curate and edit the content provided by the Communications Champions and make follow-up to remind key dates, events or current trends for this.
- Create and design innovative multiplatform content (infographics, videos, gifs, etc.) based on given guidelines to support specific activities or develop campaigns.
- Act as a point of contact with the Digital Hub in Washington and report/support their initiatives in the digital landscape.
- Occasionally assist in the coverage (video/photography) of events.
Platform management and engagement (40%)
- Analyze available insights, opportunities or threats in the digital platforms and report findings and suggestions to the line managers to define strategies of distribution and reach.
- Update the digital platforms on a frequent basis, according to the Embassy’s strategy and the FCO global guidance.
- Actively collaborate with the Press and Public Affairs team in all initiatives regarding the communications strategy.
- Measure performance and perception of the digital platforms, using the tools created for that matter and report results periodically (after official events, visits, end of terms, etc.) to the line managers.
- Design and apply a response protocol for digital channels (FAQs document), to improve the channels service and rates.
- Manage the database with potential influencers or stakeholders of the relevant digital landscape and propose online and offline activities to increase engagement with them.
Administrative and occasional supervision (20%)
- Carry out administrative tasks of the job such as legalization of purchases on trips or related.
- Occasionally assign operative tasks to the interns and supervise them.
- Advice press team and Communications Champions on the use of digital tools and content structure.
Essential on arrival:
- Passionate about the quickly evolving digital environment.
- Experience of at least one (1) year after graduation in digital communications in agencies or high-level organizations, particularly in marketing content or storytelling, influencer engagement and metrics assessment in Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Experience collaborating closely with key decision makers.
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere (a portfolio of work will be requested at the interview and a graphic design test will be applied).
- Excellent English and Spanish writing skills.
- Undergraduate in communications, advertising, journalism and/or similar subjects.
- Experience working in an international environment.
- Advanced knowledge of other multimedia editing programs.
- Advanced video and photography skills.
E-learning from the Digital Hub in Washington.
35 hours of work per week.
The candidate must be willing to work extra hours and travel on weekends.
This opportunity is closed to applications.