View Vacancy - Corporate Services Officer (Finance) (GEO18.071)
The British Embassy in Tbilisi is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Corporate Services Officer.
The Corporate Services Officer (Finance) reports directly to the Corporate Services Manager and serves as a key member of the Corporate Services Team.
The Corporate Services Officer (Finance) supports the British Embassy Tbilisi’s corporate services in ensuring that the Embassy resources (Local Budget of £0.8m pa; 10 UKBS and 43 LE staff) are effectively managed and that finance policy and practice is in line with best practice guidance set in London and compliant with local legal requirements.
The jobholder manages day-to-day operation of Post account independently and works with cross sections (PAGs, Project Teams) of the Embassy and FCO departments on cash budgets and transaction processing; responsible for maintaining the right levels of cash and bank balances; acts as a key point of contact for processing of payments (administration costs and programme spend), has oversight of the reception area and makes decisions on daily operations and advises on prioritisation of reception work.
The successful candidate will be a team player, liaising closely with the Corporate Services team and all sections based at the British Embassy.
Corporate Services Officer (Finance) will line manage a receptionist, supervise casual receptionists and will motivate and develop staff and support them in realising their full potential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage post bank and cash accounts (processing of cash payments, transfer orders, inter-account transfers, debit memos); Monitor bank and cash balances; Prepare supporting documentation for payment batches;
- Work closely with Corporate Services Manager (CSM), all sections of the Embassy as well as the Global Transaction Processing Centre (GTPC) in Manila to ensure the right processes are in place and relevant financial policies and procedures are adhered to;
- Facilitate and process bank and cash payments;
- Manage Embassy’s cash profile and monitor cash flow; Prepare Post’s annual profile of cash funding to reflect local administration budget, One HMG and programme spending requirements;
- Maintain Embassy’s account on the Georgian Revenue Service web portal; approve electronic invoices for all bank payments going through Embassy’s account;
- Act as a the main contact for local bank;
- Prepare and calculate monthly payroll;
- Maintain Distribution Sets, Non Discretionary Requests for Payments (creations, amendments, closures)
- Manage residential rental payments (calculation of periodic rentals, DS preparation for payments, running residential rental spreadsheet);
- Receiving/scanning/uploading invoices on local sharepoint site and monitoring processing of payments.
- Responsible for handling Embassy mobile bills: processing itemised bills, distributing to relevant staff, calculating staff personal costs, requesting payments from officers, making credit entries (on NPA).
- Line manage receptionist and act as a supervisor for two casual receptionists;
- Oversee reception work;
- Language officer for UK staff;
- Manage LE Staff medical scheme contract and act as a key contact for insurance company;
- Organizing travel insurance for staff on official visits.
- University Degree;
- At least 3 years of working experience in Finance and Accounting;
- Experience in working with accounting software;
- Ability to handle sensitive information (financial and personal data);
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly;
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively;
- Ability to work with a wide range of internal and external contacts ;
- A need to demonstrate determination, self-motivation and pro-active approach;
- Be a team player and have excellent organisational skills;
- Strong IT skills (MS Office) and advanced level of Excel knowledge is required.
- Experience in managing staff;
- Previous working experience in an international organisation;
- Russian language skills would be an asset (not mandatory).
This is a full-time, permanent position (subject to 3 month probation), 35 working hours (net) per week. The monthly salary is 3620 GEL (gross). Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
The successful candidate will be subject to a professional background check and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Tbilisi is subject to local Terms and Conditions of Service.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Georgia. The British Embassy does not sponsor applications for work permits.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.