View Vacancy - Attaché Assistant (BEL18.076) - INTERNAL VACANCY
The British Bilateral Embassy in Belgium is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a highly motivated Attaché Assistant to assist the law enforcement attaché to gather, develop and share information in support of UK and host agency priorities and manage the administrative functions of the Attaché’s office.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Process requests from both Belgian and UK law enforcement agencies;
- Answer telephone enquiries from both UK and Belgian partners;
- Organise various events;
- Analyse data and present results / findings;
- Assist with a number of support duties such as general administration;
- Conduct open source research and analysis as needed;
- Perform any other administrative tasks as required;
- Carry out general financial administration including the payment of invoices;
- Attend meetings as and when required in support of Attaché;
- Translating written material when needed;
- Assist in maintaining host nation relationships.
- Fluency in English and French (both oral and written);
- Excellent organisation skills with a keen eye for detail;
- Good IT skills, in particular the ability to order and analyse data utilising the Microsoft Office Suite;
- A high level of flexibility, discretion and integrity;
- Successful security clearance both from UK and Belgium (following successful application).
- Excellent / good spoken and written Flemish and / or Dutch.
This is a permanent full-time contract for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The monthly gross salary for this position is € 3,024.50 A2 (L) level (The British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium salaries are not subject to annual indexation).
Please note that Belgian nationals will be paid their salary gross and are expected to comply with their tax obligations through completion of a tax return to the Belgian authorities. Non-Belgian nationals will receive their salary net, minus the deduction of an equivalent level of Belgian tax retained at source. Further information on this will be given to candidates during the recruitment process.
The successful candidates will be subject to professional background checks and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Belgian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.