View Vacancy - Deputy CSM/Finance (SRB18.086) - INTERNAL VACANCY
The British Embassy in Serbia is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Deputy CSM/Finance to facilitate day-to-day operation of Post’s Account and finances, ensuring complience with instructions and guidance issued by the FCO Finance Direct. During absences from Post of the Corporate Services Manager, ensure overall supervision of CS staff and the provision of service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision of Account;
- Funding forecast and bank balances monitoring;
- Monitoring of bank reconciliations, payments and receipts;
- Cooperation with the Finance and Procurement Hubs on various regular and ad-hoc projects and returns (first point of contact at Post);
- Preparation of various financial reports for monthly account meetings with SBH;
- Provision of monthly PAG and Projects reports. Assist with rectification of errors, discrepancies;
- Preparation of Q3 and Q4 OAR returns to Finance Hub;
- Preparation of MTFP data;
- Preparation of Fixed Assets return;
- Maintenance of Rent Calendar and supervision of rent payments;
- Authorisation of Prism payment registers;
- Prism housekeeping – monitoring of GRNI, OPOs, Invoices on Hold, Suppliers;
- Approval of requisitions up to £25K for the Embassy and GTPC/CCC credit card transactions ;
- Maintenance of supplier information and database records (Agreed suppliers list);
- Preparation and submission of monthly and annual reports to the Serbian Tax Authorities, Pension Fund, etc. including M4 report;
- Keeping records of salary related payments – Swiss Life monthly, PPP and other monthly/annual records;
- Preparation and updating of Delegated Authority Letters and Bank Signatories Letters and lists;
- Various other ad hoc correspondence including liaison with local banks and authorities, suppliers and other missions;
- Secretary to Embassy Board;
- Projects determined by CSM;
- Deputising for CSM.
- IT literate – advanced knowledge of Microsoft office programmes with emphasis on Excel;
- Experience in Accounting and Finance.
- A qualification in Accounting / Management / Finance
This vacancy is open exclusively for internal local members of staff.
This is a Temporary 12 months full-time position contract of 5 working days, 39 gross hours per week, which may be extended for other 12 months by mutual agreement (maximum).
The salary is 2135 Euros gross and subject to payment of all mandatory social security contributions and tax in line with local regulations.
In addition to monthly salary, staff receives a meal allowance of €70 per month and transport allowance of 3,836 dinars per month (review each February) as per Terms & Conditions.
The successful candidate will be hired under the terms and conditions which apply to all locally-engaged staff in employment relationship; tax and social contributions will be paid accordingly.
All contributions are deductable at the source. If for any reason the Employee is required to work for periods longer than the conditioned hours overtime may be paid.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Serbia are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Serbian employment law.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.