View Vacancy - RoK - Alumni and Chevening Officer
Main purpose of job:
The successful candidate will be involved in our exciting work developing and engaging our network of Korean alumni from UK universities. They will also work on promoting and recruiting for our Chevening Scholarship scheme - the UK government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. Within the Embassy, they will be part of the Economic Diplomacy team, working with the Alumni and Chevening Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
Alumni engagement activities – 40%
- Working with Embassy colleagues and external partners, support delivery of the Joint Strategy on Alumni Engagement ensuring our alumni network supports cross-Embassy objectives.
- Lead on the design and delivery of general UK alumni events, projects and campaigns to enhance our offer to UK alumni.
- Help design and deliver Chevening alumni events and share attendance at event
- Develop and manage networks to help deliver our alumni engagement objectives – with Korean UK alumni associations(e.g., Chairperson’s group); international/alumni officers in our priority UK universities; UK’s higher education bodies
- Manage the Chevening and Alumni administrative payment process
- Implement a process to better capture outcomes from our alumni engagement
Communication & Database – 30%
- Manage the Chevening and alumni databases; implement planned enhancements in database functionality
- Lead on alumni engagement communications – newsletter, social media
- Support Chevening scholarship recruitment and promotional activities
- Manage general enquiries on Chevening scholarships and from alumni
Support to wider team – 30%
- Korean language logistical support to Economic Diplomacy Counsellor
- Support to the wider Economic Diplomacy Team on visits, events and meetings
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Strong computer IT literacy and the following IT skills (or willingness to learn): MS Excel, Marketing communication tools (newsletter templates, social media)
- Social Networking Service (SNS) channel management skills
- Event management
- Customer relationship management
- Project management
- Understanding of UK education system
This opportunity is closed to applications.