View Vacancy - Deputy Director DIT (Trade and Investment)
To support and encourage the delivery of UK exports to Chile with focus on the LATAM Mining HVC. To help to ensure the DIT team achieve the LATAM mining team Export Win targets of £2.2 Billion by 2020.
Working closely with the Director, to develop opportunities related with Mining Professional Services, working closely with the City of London (Insurance, Banking and Professional Services) to the Mining Sector
To project manage VIP visits to Chile (Lord Mayor, Minister for Trade and other Ministers as appropriate).
This is a key Santiago based role as the Deputy Head of DIT working on the regional Mining HVC and other major Chilean campaigns and projects:
Liaising with the Director LATAM (Mining) DIT, you will be responsible on a day to day basis:
Mining: City of London and Professional Services
Project Manager for all “Commercial” VIP visits to Chile
Oversight of Life Sciences, Genomics, medical equipment and major contract projects (e.g. Santiago Multi £Million, Bus & Operations Contracts (equipment and operations).
Day to day management and oversight of DIT Team Budgets, the DIT Single Budget (Working on budgets with the A2 DIT Budget and Office Manager), Managing Team CDMS, OMIS Management & Export Win targets, helping the Director to ensure the DIT team achieve the LATAM mining team Export Win targets of £2.2 Billion by 2020. To further support DESO as appropriate in achieving their target.
Day to day management and monitoring of the “Overseas Business Network Initiative” (OBNi) Britcham Business Services (Chile) budgets with quality control of “OMIS” reports and budget monitoring, working closely with the Director of UKTI, to monitor its progress against targets.
Line Manager of all DIT B3 (L)’s (excluding DESO)
- To identify opportunities and to promptly submit business opportunities in the Mining and other HVC sectors (transport/medical equipment) and contribute £350 Million in Export Wins by 2020.
- In the absence of the Director, to manage the team including the regular team meeting
- Relationship building with Ministry officials, regulators, key procurement officials in Companies and Regional Chambers of Commerce.
- Working with the new A2 Mining Admin support officer, to reorganise the layout of the open plan office.
You may be required to participate in occasional inward missions to the UK. There will be opportunities for training courses held in the UK, Chile or elsewhere in the Americas.
- Good written and spoken Spanish.
- Good diplomatic, interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to communicate effectively and influence at different levels.
- A working knowledge of PRISM
- A commitment to service delivery and achieving results.
- Ability to work under pressure with the minimum of direction.
- A “can do attitude”.
- Appropriate experience and/or a formal university level qualification.
- A good understanding of the following sectors, and if not, an aptitude to learn quickly: Mining, Transport and Medical Equipment
- Effective research skills
- Organisational abilities (how would you go about organising events, obtain sponsorship, manage accounts?)
- Good IT Skills: Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- 36 hours per week, plus 30 minute lunch break Mon-Thurs.
- Monday –Thursday 09.00- 17.30 hours
- Friday 09.00 - 13.00 hours
- Holiday entitlement
- 20 days per year (based on full time working)
- Meal allowance $74,000.- per month
- DIT Single Budget training.
- A wide variety of Foreign and Commonwealth (FCO) development courses are available as well as the potential for other training too.
This opportunity is closed to applications.