View Vacancy - Political Internship
Your every day job will provide an insight into the public diplomacy work of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the opportunity to learn about the UK’s work on a range of issues that include human rights, foreign policy, security issues and official visits.
This is a varied and challenging position, which covers a wide range of political and project related tasks as well as administrative tasks. It will involve contact with most sections of the Embassy and a range of external contacts in Mexico and the UK. We often work under time pressure in a fast-paced environment.
The job holder will provide administrative support for the Political Team, as well as support on logistics, activities and events to ensure high quality outcomes working towards overall HMG objectives in Mexico.
As an intern in the political section some of your activities will involve:
- Support in designing programmes for official visits sponsored by the Embassy, designing the content of those visits and assisting on logistics.
- Help the Political team to operate as efficiently as possible by ensuring effective communication with Mexican government departments, businesses, and other non-governmental institutions, as well as with all areas of the Embassy and stakeholders in the UK in order to facilitate and deliver programmes and activities.
- Research and draft briefings about the human rights situation in Mexico, security issues, party politics in Mexico and foreign policy.
- Provide administrative and logictics support for the Political team’s daily tasks and events.
- Draft correspondence briefings for the team in Spanish and English as required.
All employees in the Embassy network are expected, as part of their job, to contribute towards the corporate activity of the organisation.
- Be familiar with and have an interest in key international policy issues and diplomacy.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate relationship building both internally and externally.
- Must be able to provide information in an understandable format to stakeholders.
- Should be a proactive and creative self-starter with the ability to learn quickly.
- Currently studying a university degree level in International Relations or Political Science
This opportunity is closed to applications.